Chapter 7

Scotty's P.O.V.
-July 4th-

When I woke up, it was around 8:45 in the morning. I crawled out of Charlie's bed, careful not to wake her. I walked into the kitchen and started to make some coffee. After it finished, I poured a cup and sat at the bar.

Carol walked into the kitchen. "What are you doing up so early?" She poured a cup of coffee.

"I think you got me confused with Charlie. I don't need as much sleep as she does." I smiled at her.

She laughed. Her face suddenly went serious. "You like her a lot, don't you?"

"You could say that." I felt my cheeks turn red.

"What? Is it more than that?"

"Um, yeah. I mean, I'm absolutely crazy about her. Everything about her makes me smile. I know it's only been a week since we met, but I can't help but feel this way." I looked down as I spoke, but then looked up. "I'm so in love with Charlie."

She smiled. I could tell that she was actually happy I had told her this.

"Can you tell me something?" I turned and faced her.

"What is it, hun?" She smiled slightly.

"Why does she live here with JC? Where are her parents? I want to know, but I'm afraid to ask her."

"That's something you need to talk to her about. I understand why you don't want to ask, but if you want to know, then she needs to be the one that tells you."

My phone vibrated on the bar. I received a text from Charlie.

"Come back, honey. I need you. :("

"Gotta go. My princess awaits." I smiled as I put the cup in the sink and ran back to Charlie's room. I walked into the room and found Charlie snuggled up under her blanket. I smiled as I walked over to the bed and sat down next to her. "Good morning, beautiful."

She blushed a deep shade of red. "Good morning, honey."

"You know how to drive a guy crazy." I smiled. "But in a good way, of course." I leaned down and kissed her.

"I need to get dressed, huh?" She climbed over me, walked to her dresser, and pulled out some clothes. Right as I was about to get off the bed and go to the other room, Charlie took off her pants. I looked at her, shocked. "What? It's the same thing as my bathing suit."

She had a point, but that didn't make me any less shocked. It felt awkward watching her stand there in just a t-shirt and lace panties as she pulled a pair of daisy dukes up to her hips. She turned her back to me and slid her shirt off, showing only her tanned bare back. She quickly put on a bra and her tank top. She turned around and looked at my bright red face.

"What?" She laughed.

"Um." I didn't know what to say. I wasn't uncomfortable when she changed in front of me. I was surprised. I didn't do what every other guy my age would've done either. She was the first girl that had ever done that, so you would think my raging hormones would push me into wanting more. I didn't want that, though. Just being with her was enough for me.

"Was that awkward? Has a girl never changed in front of you?" She walked over to me.

"Yes and no."

"Oh, I'm sorry." She sat on the bed.

"It's ok. I forgive you." I smiled at her and pulled her on top of me.

She giggle as she kissed me. "I love you, Scotty." She kissed me again.

"I love you, Charlie."