Chapter 5

-3 days later-

"Wakey, wakey, sleepy head!" I heard a deep voice speaking.

I slowly opened my eyes. "What do you want?" I moan the words while stretching my arms.

"It's time to get up!" Scotty leaned over me. His eyes were shining and his smile was bright. He quickly kisses me.

"I don't think so. What time is it?" I sat up and leaned my back on the headboard.

His smile widened. "Just past 8."

I fell into my lap. I felt Scotty's hand pat my back. "I hate you. You know that, right," I mumbled into my comforter.

"I know you're lying. Does that count?" He laughed as he crawled into my bed and sat next to me.

I sat up and laid my head on his shoulder. "Why did you get me up so early? You know what time I went to bed."

He put his arm around me and squeezed my shoulder. "I missed you." He looked down and smiled at me.

"You know, if you really liked me, you would let me sleep."

"We'll take a nap later. Better?" He gave me a goofy smile.

"I guess so. What are we gunna do today?" I climbed over him and got out of the bed.

"I thought we'd go to the beach. Maybe build a sand castle or throw you in the ocean." I turned around and saw him smiling.

I dug through my dresser drawers until I found what I wanted: neon orange and white bikini, orange under armor tanktop, and white fast-dry shorts. "You need to leave." I pointed at Scotty. I threw the clothes on my bed while I brushed out my hair.

He held up the bikini top and looked at it. "If you insist." He got off the bed and walked to the door. He stopped in the doorway and looked at me. "Good choice, by the way." He winked, then proceeded to walk out the door, closing it behind him.

I changed into the clothes I had just got out and pulled my hair up into a messy bun. I walked out of my room and walked into the kitchen. I saw Scotty sitting at the bar and talking to my cat. "What are you doing?" I laughed as I walked over to him. He wrapped his arms around me.

"Wouldn't it be cool if animals could talk?" He reached over and scratched the cat, Dougie, behind the ears.

"I don't think so. I'd be afraid of him." I pointed at Dougie.

Scotty laughed. "You're right. My dog Junior is weird enough already." He stood up. "Wanna go to The Wake?"

"Where else would we get breakfast?" I smiled at him. I grabbed the dry erase marker from its place next to the marker board that hung on the refrigerator and wrote a note for JC.

Went to hang out with Scotty. I have my phone if you need me.

Scotty and I got in the truck and went to The Wake. When we got inside and sat down at our usual table, we were greeted by Carter. We ordered two Citrus Mango Crushes and a large fruit platter. Carter quickly came out with our order.

"It's a good thing it's a weekday or you wouldn't get to eat early. That's why I like to sleep in." I picked up a piece of fruit and put it into my mouth.

"Oh well." He started to drink his multicolored drink. "I just had to see you."

I smiled. "Scotty, you left at 3:15 this morning."

"How do you know? You were asleep." He took another drink.

"I was only half asleep. I remember you carrying me into my room and kissing me good night."