Chapter 5 ~ Coincidence, or what?

Jesse’s POV:

With music pumping through the stereos on high volume, I faintly heard my familiar ringtone go off. I put my hands on the girl’s hips that was currently grinding hard on me, and whispered in her ear, saying duty calls. She squealed in complaint, which only earned a wink from me. I walked away from the chaos of teens basically having sex on the dance floor and only looked back once to notice the girl—whose name I couldn’t recall—grinding with this other guy who looked way to excited. I shrugged my shoulders. Plenty more where that came from. I unlocked my iPhone and answered the call without bothering to look at the caller ID as I took a step outside of the house.

“What’s up?”

A feminine voice reached my ears, “Hello, is this Jesse Styles, the older brother of Stephan Styles?”

I raised my eyebrows, intently listening now. “Yes…?” I answered, warily. My stomach twisted, anticipating her next words which I knew weren’t great by the tone of her voice.”

“You’re brother was one of the passengers of Plane 4, the one flying from Rome to America. Something went terribly wrong with the plane’s engine, forcing the plane to land at an airport nearby. But the pilot’s were having trouble controlling the plane, so they crash landed. I’m terribly sorry. Your brother, Stephan, is in the hospital as we speak.”

The blood immediately drained from my face as my legs felt like they were about to collapse.

I hung up and sprinted towards my car, the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 in black, and started the engine. She immediately roared to life as a buzz traveled through her signaling she’s alive. I stepped on the gas, zipping through the oncoming cars as I raced towards the hospital.

+*+*+

 I stared at my younger brother’s as different emotions started to fight its way to the surface. He finally comes home after one week in Rome, and I find him unconscious on a hospital bed with a broken arm, major cuts and many bruises.

I shook my head. What an idiot.

His skin was pretty pale compared to his natural skin color, but I talked to the doctors and they informed me it was only temporary. I collapsed on the chair right beside his bed as I dropped my head in my hands and groaned. I snapped my eyes back to Stephan, taking in his appearance. We almost looked alike, besides his diamond stud pierced ear and his short blonde hair. I let out a breathy laugh, noticing that he still had his black/red snapback with him after everything that happened.

“Excuse me for interrupting, but you’ll have to leave the room as I take care of him. You can visit tomorrow, perhaps?” The nurse motioned me to leave, holding open the front door.

I sighed and nodded, already tired from the long day.

Walking out of the door, I took one glance back at Stephan and continued walking down the empty, eerie halls. Suddenly, a door flung open, causing me to immediately stop in my tracks and hold my breath.

What was Trent doing here? Memories invaded my mind as I thought about the old times. Trent and I used to be friends--best friends even—until two years ago. Ever since, we have never spoken a word to each other and did our best to avoid one another. I pushed the memories away. That was the past.

He put his hood on and didn’t bother looking back, allowing me to relax my rigid state. Curiosity tumbled over me as I caught the door Trent flung open. I quickly rushed inside, quietly closing the door and making sure no one was walking over. I let out a breath I didn’t realize I was holding, and turned around. My eyes widened as I gaped at this woman lying on the hospital bed. She had high cheek-bones long hair that ended at her stomach and was a dark caramel brown with a hint of honey as highlights. She had absolutely flawless skin, which was looking pretty pale right now, but I quickly dismissed the thought. Her lips were a reddish color, looking as soft and gentle as ever. I walked forward a bit, desperately wanting to kiss her perfect lips. Leaning forward a bit, I paused until we were face to face. I stroked her cheeks, marveling at how soft her skin is, and continued moving forward as I part my lips open.

 Suddenly, the door flung open causing me to immediately snap back to my senses and jump away as if I just touched fire. Just then Trent walked in, looking pissed as ever.

 He walked up to me until we were face to face, and I couldn’t help but notice how much he’s changed ever since I talked to him. His dark green eyes ignited like fire as he fiercely whispered “What the hell are you doing here?!”

 I let the anger I’ve been holding up for two years seep through my voice, pissed beyond belief. “I should ask you the same exact fucking thing!”

 He scowled and pointed at the girl, “I was checking up on MY girl and I forgot my keys, so I came back to get them! Back the fuck off dude!”

 I felt my face falter the moment he said my girl. I felt a jab inside my chest, leaving me bewildered. I shook my head and focused. So she was taken, by this little piece of shit?

 I raised my eyebrows, “I don’t believe you. Who would date a fag like you?”

 Trent started violently shaking, causing me to automatically smirk. It was way too easy to rile them up.

 “Look, just stay away from her, okay? Ill beat the shit out of you if I see you coming close to her again, got it?” With that, he stormed out of the room, retrieving his keys on the way.

 I breathed deeply through my nose, attempting to set aside my anger. After a while, I got a hold of myself, and a more irritated feeling settled before me. I took one last, lingering look at this mysterious girl before I walked out without a glance back.