VII. "Tag, You're It."

Amalthea stared down at Sherlock, who was in a hospital gown.

"He said I was still apart of the game! I don't understand why he'd attempt to kill me. Unless...."

He looked at Amalthea and trailed off. She raised an eyebrow.

"Unless?"

"Of course! He fancies you!"

Amalthea let out a laugh of disbelief.

"His eyes dilated when he saw you, Anthea. He wants me out of the way. No one to stand between you two."

She stared out the window, thoughtfully. "If that is so, he has made this game easier. Compassion is weakness." She walked to the door and wrapped her fingers around the doorknob.

"You have compassion for Mycroft and I. After all, you're trying to avenge me."

She paused. "You're my responsibility."
                    •    •    •
Amalthea walked on the sidewalk, the street lamp and the moon her only source of light.

The street was quiet.

Except for the engine of the car that had been following her the last mile and a half. 

She was waiting for him to make the first move.

He did. The car swerved in front of her and him along with three henchmen stepped out.

She stopped in her tracks.

"Can I help you?"

"I'm here to speed the game up, kitten. Though I do enjoy our game of going back and forth, I'm afraid I was never one to play by the rules. Boys."

She'd expected them to pounce but instead one of them pulled out a taser and fired.

It happened quickly. Her body lurched and went falling back as electricity shot through her veins and she blacked out.

Moriarty got in the car and motioned the man to pick her up.

The goon took her into his arms and laid her in the car, her head rested on Moriarty's knees.

He began running his fingers through her hair and stroked her cheek.

"Check," He grinned.