¤Episode 5: Lovers Spat¤

(Y/N) was back on her feet and walking alongside the person she supposedly hated. She stared in awe at how beautiful Erosamor city was at night, with all the flashing lights. The people at the stands were selling food and beautiful pieces of jewelry, but one stand in particular caught (Y/N)'s eye.

"They're selling tickets to a ball..." She muttered.

"So what? Oh yeah, here." She looked towards Kanda to see he was lending her his arm. She locked her arm with his and continued walking, her heart beating a little faster.

"I...think we should go."

"What?! Why?! You know I only kissed you for the sake of the mission right? Don't go getting the wrong idea."

"Of course I know that! You're saying it like you think I've fallen for you or something."

"Well judging by the way you so happily kissed me back..."

"I did that for the mission too!"

"Sure you did."

"Kanda you're so full of yourself it's discussing."

"Alright drop it before it ends up having to happen again."

"No, why should I have to drop it when you're the one that always starts it?"

"You've been the problem since this all started! You made us miss the first train and you got drunk when you knew akuma could appear at any moment!"

"For the last time, you were early and I said I was sorry!" She unlocked arms with him and started to walk off.

"What do you think you're doing?" (Y/N) turned back to glare at Kanda.

"I'm not sleeping in the same room with you. I'm going to find another hotel. I'll just make up an excuse on why I have no one with me, so see you tomorrow." She continued to walk away but was stopped due to a strong grip on her arm. Kanda spun her around to face him.

"Now people are staring at us you idiot. Quit being so damn emotional. If you walk away now, we'll have to leave."

"Let. Me. Go-" (Y/N) was interrupted by Kanda's lips. He was tightly gripping both her arms to keep her in one place. It was nothing like the first kiss, which was a surprise, but was also a bit dull. This time, the kiss was more firm and was burning with flames of anger, flames so hot she practically melted at their touch. She fought off Kanda's grip and wrapped her arms around his neck to pull him closer, igniting her own flames. Their lips part and they glare at one another yet still holding each other close.

"I hate you for making me do this a second time." (Y/N) could feel his breath on her as he spoke.

"I hate you more for making me play along." Kanda could still smell and taste the alcohol from (Y/N).

"As much as we hate being here we need to do this."

"Yeah, I know...it'd be a lot easier if you'd quit being a jerk."

"And if you'd quit making dumb decisions."

"Can we just promise to try not to get on each others bad side and move on?"

"That's the smartest thing you've said this entire trip."

"Kanda..." She dug her nails into Kanda's neck, lightly but enough to send a message. His knees buckled at the pain.

"Okay, okay sorry."

"I actually have something smarter to say: There's probably going to be a lot of people at that ball, which also means akuma may appear."

"Hm that is smart...Well that settles it, how much are the tickets?" Kanda began to reach for more money, but (Y/N) stopped him by placing her hands over his.

"Don't worry about that, I'll pay for them, you've spent enough money already."

"O-okay." He looked down at their hands. (Y/N) smiled at him, then went off to buy the tickets, leaving Kanda by himself. He watched (Y/N) stroll towards the stand and wait in line patiently. His hands clenched into fists as he thought to himself.

'This city...is doing something to me.'

¤¤¤To be continued¤¤¤