¤Episode 12: True¤

The exorcists were back in their hotel room. (Y/N) was getting changed and Kanda was already in his night wear, sitting in a chair processing all that's happened.

'I kissed her...I kissed her...I kissed her! Was that wrong of me? No, no because she kissed back. But why was she so quiet on the way here then!? Well, I didn't talk either, but still!' Kanda couldn't seem to get a hold of himself and he wasn't sure if he should bring up the event of their kiss.

'Maybe she thought it was just another fake and played along. I should just leave it alone.' He finalized his thoughts just as (Y/N) stepped out. She walked toward the bed fit for two and took a pillow from it, tossing it on the floor. Kanda stood up, ready to take his place on the carpet, but (Y/N) laid there instead.

"What are you doing?"

"Letting you take the bed tonight."

"You don't need to do that."

"It's only fair."

"But-"

"Hey, I let you be nice. Now it's your turn. Take the bed."

"No, you take it. I happen to really enjoy sleeping on the floor." Kanda's serious expression broke into a smile and the two began laughing. The uneasy, silent atmosphere finally lightened a little. Kanda climbed into bed and looked down at (Y/N).

"You sure you're alright down there?"

"I've slept in worse conditions, I'll be fine." They smiled at each other before breaking eye contact. They said goodnight, Kanda turned off the lamp that was providing them with dim light and it was silent once again.
But something weighs heavy on the minds of the exorcists. Causing mayhem, conflict within them. They are unable to rest. They yearn for answers.

. . .

"Kanda..?" (Y/N) didn't look in his direction, not wanting to look him in the eye in case he were to deliver an answer she didn't want to hear.

"Was that real...did you mean it?" The question was general and she intended it to be so. She didn't just want answers on the kiss after the akuma attack. She wanted answers to them getting along, his smile, his laughter, his speech claiming he could fall in love with all sides of her; was it true?

She heard him shifting under the covers to look at her, yet remained facing away. He didn't mind. If she were facing him, they'd be awkwardly starting at each other as he struggled to respond.

. . .

"Somehow...and I'm not exactly sure when, I started meaning it..."

. . .

"Me too..." Her eyes shut tightly, bracing herself for the humiliation of Kanda saying it was all a joke. Her eyes opened once she felt a hand on her shoulder, turning her on her back. Kanda looked down at her.

"You're serious right?" She blinked a few times trying to focus her eyes on his face.

"Yes." She sat upwards, somehow making her claim more believable.

They looked into each other's eyes, unsure of what to do with the answers they've finally received. Kanda looked away in defeat.

"Damn this cursed city; The commander, if it weren't for him we wouldn't be so confused right now."

"Sure but, is it really so bad that we ended up this way? I mean it started getting fun after awhile...for me anyway."

"Guess I couldn't help having a good time myself. It turns out you aren't so bad after all." (Y/N) smiled.

"And I guess there's more to you than being a heartless ass hole after all." Their laughter made the air warm.

"So what now?" The female asked.

"You know, since I wasn't sure how long we'd have to be here, I payed for three nights at the hotel. This is only our second so..."

"So?" Kanda's face went a bit red as he continued, but it was too dark to tell.

"Well, now that we're...like this, I was thinking maybe we could spend one more day here, as a...thing."

"Is that your twisted way of asking me out on a date?"

"Hell if I care, I don't mind leaving first thing in the morning if that's how you're going to be." He was defensive and embarrassed. (Y/N) cupped his face with her hands to calm him down.

"I accept." She said beaming.

"I hate you." He removed her hands, planting a quick kiss on her soft lips. Pulling away, he returned to the bed, leaving (Y/N) on the floor in a daze.

"If you want you can join me on the bed." He said seductively, causing the girl to come back to her senses. Now her face was red.

"I-isn't that moving too fast?"

"Don't worry, I was only kidding. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." She breathed a sigh of relief and got settled for sleep.

¤¤¤¤¤¤

It seemed hours had passed, yet (Y/N) could not sleep. She tossed and turned on the floor, her heart raced; excitement was the thing keeping her awake. She stood up and looked at Kanda's sleeping face, which made her heart jump even more. Temptation began to come over her.

'Maybe sleeping in a comfortable bed would make a difference...' She tiptoed to the empty side of the bed and gently laid down next to Kanda. Paying him no mind, considering  what could happen if she did; she closed her eyes and felt herself drifting off.

Some time had passed. Kanda had become unsatisfied with his current sleeping position and turned in his sleep, brushing shoulders with his partner.

"(Y/N)..?" He said half asleep. She woke up with a jolt.

"I'm sorry, I just- I'm going!" Before she could leave the bed, her body was engulfed by the blanket that was at first only being occupied by Kanda. He then slipped his arm around her and pulled her back onto the mattress and into his arms.

"Shut up and go to sleep."

¤¤¤To be continued¤¤¤