¤Episode 7: Shopping Spree¤

It was a few hours after sunrise and Kanda was wide awake and dressed. (Y/N) on the other hand, was still fast asleep, which was no surprise to him. The man approached the bed, ready to give his companion a flick on the forehead to wake her up. He quickly stopped himself and decided to shake her instead, but the girl simply mumbled and rolled over.

"Well, can't say I didn't try." Kanda said to himself and resorted back to his old ways.

"Ow, Kanda!"

"Works like a charm." He smirked and continued.

"Get dressed, were going out."

"What for? I wanted to sleep in."

"Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you had already packed a ball gown for this trip. And let's also not forget we're here because of an akuma threat. We don't get the luxury of sleeping in."

"Alright, I'm up." (Y/N) raised from her bed the way a zombie would rise from a grave. She trudged toward the bathroom to get changed, Kanda watched her go by, arms crossed over his chest.

"Don't be in their forever." He called out.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." She called back.

¤¤¤¤¤¤

"There's a nice store." (Y/N) said pointing down the street. The shop window had a display of stunning tuxedos and beautiful dresses. The two exorcists were walking with their arms locked, they seemed more comfortable with each other now than when they first arrived at Erosamor; almost like a real couple.

They walked in and were greeted by those working in the store. Looking around (Y/N) was overwhelmed by all the garments. She didn't get many chances to dress up like a princess, and she never expected her prince to be someone she loathed.

"Okay, I know what I'm wearing." Kanda said holding a navy blue suit.

"That fast?!" (Y/N) hadn't realized Kanda even left her side to pick something out.

"Yeah..." He replied without much care. He then pointed to a random dress.

"Get that and let's go." He turned on his heal and headed for the check out area. (Y/N) ran to catch up to him and grasped his arm to stop him.

"Wait! I can't wear that dress, it doesn't even match your suit. Plus I'd need to try it on first." Kanda shook his head.

"This isn't that big a deal."

"It is if we're suppose to be going as a couple!" She loosened her grip on Kanda's arm and her voice got quieter.

"F-For the mission of course..." Kanda let out long sigh.

"Fine..." (Y/N)'s face lit up like a kid in a candy shop.

¤¤¤¤¤¤

(Y/N) was lost within the racks of the store for sometime; Kanda was surprisingly waiting patiently for her. He was thinking about the akuma, how many would actually show up to the event? He was hoping for a small amount for two reasons: So the party won't be completely ruined and so executing them would be quick and easy.

Finally (Y/N) found her way back to her partner, she rushed towards him carrying multiple dresses.

"Okay, I was looking for ones to match you and I found all these, but I can't choose between them." Kanda raised an eyebrow at her.

"And?"

"And. I need you to choose for me."

"Are you kidding me?"

"Pleeease."

"We don't need to go all out for this you know."

"I know that but...since I was a little girl I've always wanted to dress up like this, but with the way my childhood went, I never got an opportunity."