Mint Green

"A mint green one after we made love."

_

"Jongdae," Chanyeol called out.

The said boy was coughing uncontrollably, gasping for air in between coughs as tears of pain ran down his cheeks.

The taller glanced at him, noticing the red liquid in the shorter's palm and shirt. The mint green flower crown he held with his free hand wasn't spared from it either.

"Jongdae," Chanyeol called out once more.

But as he reached out to hold his lover, it felt like his hands passed through him, like Jongdae never existed.

Was Jongdae really...just an illusion?

No, he couldn't be, Chanyeol thought.

The crying boy seemed to have finally calmed down and wiped his hand with wet tissues. "I-I'm sorry you had to see that, Channie," he apologized.

"I-It's f-fine, Jongdae."

The giant put on his boxers before gesturing to his lover to rest next to him, smiling when the smaller did so.

As he held Jongdae close in his arms, he couldn't help but wonder.

The boy he was holding in his arms...was he actually real? Or...was he just another illusion?

Like many Chanyeol had had before.

_

The next morning, he came down to Jongdae cooking, the mint flower crown, stained with blood, resting on his head.

He wrapped his arms around Jongdae's waist, frowning when he noticed that the smaller was crying.

"C-Channie, I-I'm sorry, I-I-I c-can't s-say those t-three words to you, y-yet."

"It's really fine, Dae. Take your time. I'll be waiting for you here."

"But what if you knew that I don't have much time left? Would you still wait for me?" Jongdae thought sadly.