Chapter 9- Rose Number 5...

Gary's Point of View

I’m not one to wear jewelry, but this ring; I’ll wear it proud. I grinned at my choice of stone it was a white gold band with a half diamond. Inside the ring had his initials with a small heart. On mine was the same white gold band and the other half of diamond on it. Only difference was inside my ring I had my initials, a little heart and his initials.

I just had to hide my hand when I go to his class later. I saw him looking around lately like he wanted to see if he could find me. If he only knew I was right under his nose.

I sighed longingly and sadly. Everyday I’m falling more and more, is it really possible?

Ryan's Point of View

I made my way to my classroom. I couldn't help feeling giddy. This person is making me fall for 'it'. Hell, at this point I wouldn't care if it were a girl. Oh god what the hell am I thinking? I’m going crazy.

I made it to my classroom and straight to my desk like I’ve been doing the last few weeks. And just like the last few times, there it was, my red rose with my note. I breathe in and out before I started reading it.

Friday—number five ----%---@

Hey here's your rose for the day. Let me just say you’re looking good today. Well, today I went a little overboard. Look inside your desk drawer, I hope you like it. Don’t worry it’s not an engagement ring or even a promise ring. As you can see there’s only half of the stone. Guess who's wearing the other half? Ding! Ding! Ding! You guessed it, me! After school, I got you some strawberry and vanilla ice cream and some Oreo cookies. I also rented some movies…comedy and romance of course. Tell me if you liked them once we meet.

I smiled. Awe! My stalker got me a ring! Wait a minute…he’s going to be wearing the other half of the diamond. That’s it. I can spot my stalker with that ring. For some reason I wanted it to be a guy, and not just any guy, but Gary Johnson, my student. He was looking more and more handsome and quiet. I wonder what happened to his girlfriend? I haven't seen them together. Actually, he had been hanging out with Taylor and Steven more lately. I wonder if he still likes me.

Of course not Ryan, you stood him up and then avoided him for a whole week. Yeah, he loves me. Note my sarcasm.

Looking at my note, I reread the line that says I’m looking good today. Where have been this morning? Lets see, I went to Starbucks to get my coffee before school, then the office to pick up my mail, and then the teachers lounge.

At Starbucks a bunch of students were there. Some said good morning to me, all but Gary he just stared at me. Weird.

Then at the office, the assistant principal said good morning to me in a flirty way like always. I rolled my eyes at that. And who can forget the secretary that looks like she could be my mother? Ewe!

In the teachers’ lounge was the coach, talking about winning the championship. I was only listening because he was talking about Gary, saying how disappointed he was that Gary wasn't going to play football after school since he was going to go into the family business. I didn’t see a problem with that.

And that reminded me that graduation is coming up, and I won’t get to see Gary anymore. Even though we weren’t an item and we didn't talk at all unless it was school related, still I enjoyed eating him up with my eyes. God, I sound like a creepy pedophile.

Hey Gary, you want to see my puppy? It’s in the back of my creepy van Ewe!

My classes all went good, and when Gary's class came along he came in with a blank expression on his face. I frowned. I wonder what’s wrong with him? He looked depressed? Maybe he's just sad since he is leaving high school. He probably wont see his friends anymore.

I glanced at his fingers with a small hope that he might have the ring on. But just my luck, he was wearing a nautica baby blue hoody and the sleeves were long enough that cover almost all his hands and he wore it like that even though it wasn't cold in the classroom and summer was just around the corner. I narrow my eyes at the stupid hoodie, he caught me eyeing his hoodie and he snuggled more in it, smiling at no one in particular.

Oh just wait you damn hoodie, I'll get my hands on you and I will murder you!!! You just wait and see!

“Yo, teach! Are we going to learn something?” Gary asked me, snapping me out of my murderous thoughts.

I heard a loud snort. “Again with this? Gee, Johnson, why do you have to lie? You don’t learn squat,” said the mousy girl. She was starting to get on my nerves. I mean really, Gary has good grades, he's the quarterback, and the student body president.

Why is she always picking on him? Does she have a crush on him?

“And I already told you Mellie, just because you insult me doesn’t mean you get my attention,” Gary said sounding tired. I smiled sadly at him and he smiled at me. Yay! I got a smile! Take that, stupid mousy girl! OH. MY.GOD!! Did I just say that? And to MY STUDENT? What are you doing to me Gary Johnson and sweet stalker? You’re bringing out a side of me I thought I didn’t have.

Dear lord help me!