Chapter Three

"I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do."

I wiped the tears off my cheeks and laid back onto my bed. Realization dawned on me as I finally understood what my mom was trying to say. She was laid off, and now looking for a job. Which meant Brandon and I had to stay with the Olson's for a year. A whole fluffing year!

"Why the hell didn't you tell me?"

I could hear my mom groan on the other end of the line. She exhaled loudly and was interrupted by the buzz of the phone.

"One minute left."

I wanted to scream! She was calling me on a shitty pay phone!

"I know you're upset."

She didn't even know the meaning of the word upset. I was taking upset to a whole new level. How did she expect me to start a whole new life? I'm in high school. Sliding into cliques wasn't the easiest thing. Not a lot of people were very friendly.

"You have got to be shitting me."

The phone bleeped again indicating thirty more seconds. My life was turning into a shit hole. I know what you're thinking, "how many times one person can say shit?" Well you see shit just happens to be my new favorite word.

"Hey," my mom commanded, "enough with the attitude. I don't have much time left; I love you a lot, and I'm sorry you found out like this. Tell your brother that I miss him. I'll be calling again to check up on you soon. Bye Pumpkin"

With that she hung up the phone. Well that's just terrific. I start school in six more days. Six more days till hell freezes over.

My door swung open and there stood a god. Wait- no there stood Jaleb. The white shirt he had been wearing at dinner was nonexistent. Now I could really see how toned his body was. I sucked in a breath and stared at him; totally aweing at his god-like body. His creamy white skin was beautiful, and his tattoo was just begging for me to lick it... I mean it was uh. Never mind I have no idea what I mean.

"Done checking me out yet?" he asked, his arms across his chest and his body leaned up against the door.

I decided it would be smart not to answer his question and humiliate myself. Instead my cheeks burned up and I sat up in my bed. Jaleb chuckled at my reaction and stepped closer into my room.

My fingers began to nervously tap on my bed, and he took a seat next to me.

"So Sweetheart," his voice was melodic. "What's gotten a goody two shoes like you so worked up?"

For the first time I actually glared at him. Oh so he's had one conversation with me and he suddenly thinks he knows me? I am not a good two shoes. I'm a freaking rebel- well not exactly. I mean I always do what I'm told, but only because why shouldn't I? Alright I rest my case maybe I am a little bit of a goody two shoes. Still, I don't like being called one.

Suddenly Jay started laughing, "Please don't make that face ever again. Anger is not a good look for you Sweetheart."

"Quit calling me that," I snapped. Being overwhelmed of memories of my father; he used to call me Sweetheart. Whenever he'd get home from "work" he'd pick me up and throw me up in the air. This always ended with him calling me that. I didn't ever want to think of him again. After all he's the one that left me.

"Does it bug you?" Jay teased his face inching tremendously close to mine. My heartbeat sped up so fast it felt like the wind had been knocked out of me. Even when I thought he couldn't get closer that's exactly what he did. Please, I thought. If he got any closer I wouldn't be able to contain myself.

His lips touched my ear, and my body shuttered. His smell, oh his smell. His smell took me away. He smelt like holister, but not as overpowering. He had just the right amount of cologne on.

"LeLe," his voice was husky. "I'm missed you."

Just as quick as he'd said it he got out of my bed and stood by my door; his smirk still present on his gorgeous face. The butterflies in my stomach had a fit.

"Glad I still have the same effect on you," his eyes glimmered then he silently shut the door behind him.

I smiled; he called me LeLe.