Chapter III: Never thought of being inlove

Andrei didn't show up in our practices for the past days. He didn't attend school too, since that day he saw James and I kissing. 

"Hey babe." James hugged me from behind and kissed him cheeks

"Hey." I smiled at him then turned around to kiss his lips

"Where's Andrei?" he asked me then pecks on my lips.

"I don't know babe." I was also wondering where he could be. But where is he? I have no idea.

"Did you hear the news?!" Courtney was rushing to the music room, she was panting as if she was being chased by dogs. It is something urgent, I know. Courtney won't harass herself if it wasn't that important.

"Wait. What news?" James asked

"It's about Andrei." Courtney stopped panting, then she had a gloomy face.

"What happened to him?!" I was worried so I shouted. James just became silent, he was thinking of somethng. I started to wonder why he just kept his mouth shut.

"He..He slit his wrist. And he was hospitalized the night before last night." this news brought sadness in the room. especially me.

The night before last night? It hit me. It was the day that he saw James and I kissing, but why? Why will he do such a thing?

"Can we go to the hospital?" I asked James

"After classes. We can."

"Thanks babe."

He said nothing. I cannot explain what his expression is. He wasn't mad nor glad. Not sad or shocked. He's not aggrevated or disappointed. I really can't explain.

"Is there something wrong, dude?" Courtney asked James

"uhm.. no." he wasn't that sure of his answer. I feel it. i dont know why he became like that.

"Okay.." Courtney said

We went to Spanish Class after that

"Buenas dias, classe." Senior Garcia said

we really don't get Spanish. 

"Okay, we will start by learning the basic spanish words."

Class were starting and we, James and I were chatting at the back while Mr. i mean, Senior Garcia was discussing. Senior Garcia caught the two of us,  then he asked us to stand up and recite the words he was discussing a while ago. We didn't pay attention so it's clear enough that we won't be able to answer. So to cut it short, we were sent to the principal's office.

***

We knocked then entered the principal's office. As soon as we entered, James immediately apologized to Mr. Burton

"There's no need to apologize." Mr. Burton said

"But what may we do?" I asked

"Both of you will be in detention from tomorrow 'til next week."

"We accept" he winked at me, and that means something.

He has a plan, and I dont know what it is. 

This would be torture, but I dont care. As long as James is with me, I'm happy.

It's 4pm of the same day. And we, Courtney, James and I are going to the hospital to vising Andrei. While we're on our way to the hospital. But Catherine Williams confronted me. Anyways, Catherine Williams, the famous leader of the school's dance crew. She's 16 and a half years old. She's been obssessed with James since we were in 6th grade. She slapped me, hardly.

"You always get in my way!" She shouted at me

"Wait--wait what?!" 

"Why the heck did you steal him away from me?" 

"What?! Steal?! Him?! Are you fucking kidding me?!" 

"You know that I like him. You know that"

"So what?! It has been a long time, Cath! Grow up!"

"We were bestfriends on 6th grade!"

"Bestfriends?! Do you even know what that means?"

"Yeah--I think!" she didn't know what it meant.

"No! You don't" I shouted back at her while pointing at her face. She thought that I can't talk back at her, she was shocked--really shocked.

"All you do was boss me around. Do this, Do that!" I said

"It's like I'm your slave. You're nothing but a boastful bitch back then, UNTIL NOW!" I added

"Babe, please, stop." James turned me to him then kissed me to stop me. Cath left, I bet she was taken back by James kissing me infront of her. I saw Courtney blushing beside us, and i chuckled.

We continue to walk to the hospital, when we reached our destination, the nurse approached us.

"What can I do for you?" she asked

"Do you have a patient names, Andrei Newton?" I asked her politely

"Wait. Let me check the files." She was not an ordinary nurse. She was gorgeous. And somehow sexy with her uniform, and I saw James looking at her.

I faked a cough that caught James' attention. He looked away from the nurse. 

"Sorry." he mouthed. I understand. He's a guy.

"Oh yes, he is one of the patients I attend to." the nurse said to us

"Where is his room, if I may ask?" James asked her while looking at me

"461."

"Okay thanks" I said, the three of us went straight to room 461, Andrei was just watching a movie, and he was smiling.

"Zoobidoo di zoobidoo pampara zoobidoo parampa!" I heard that song somewhere, and it hit me, he was watching "the 3 idiots" and that explains why he was smiling. He turned in our direction when he heard the creek of the door.

"Oh, you are here." he said, then his smile turned into a frown--again, he looked at James. Like a 'what-the-hell-are-you-doing-here' look.

"Why are you here?" he asked me as if he doesn't want to see us.

"We just want to know if you're fine." I told him, he was still frowning. It's like he's in sorrow. 

"I never been fine." He said, he just tried to smile while watching the film. I saw his arm and saw my name--my name slashed on his arm.

"Kate, could we talk.. privately." Andrei asked

(A/N): 

Bitin etong chapter na 'to. Di ko pa naiiretype. :) Sorrrrry!