2

I lay down on my bed, holding up the small piece of paper that Sherlock had handed to me the previous day. I examined the numbers, my eyes scanning over them again and again and again.

I wasn't a people person. It's not that I didn't like people, it was just that people didn't really seem to like me. And even if they did, sooner or later they'd start to think I was a freak and ditch me. Over the years even my own parents had slowly drifted away from me, leaving me to enjoy my own company.

I didn't care though, it was always better this way. I actually liked being alone.

Despite all of this, I couldn't stop thinking about the funny detective with the coat and the cheekbones that I had bumped into in the street. There was something about him that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

And so I held the piece of paper to the dimly lit light in my bedroom, examining the numbers scrawled messily onto it.

Maybe I should text him?

I sighed to myself and set the piece of paper on my bedside table before swinging my legs around and getting out of bed to make myself a coffee. I put two small teaspoons of coffee into a mug, making sure that the teaspoons weren't heaped and that the coffee wasn't spilling off the spoon. If I put too much into the cup then the coffee wouldn't be perfect and then I'd have to make it again.

After drinking my coffee and trying unsuccessfully to get Sherlock Holmes out of my head, I decided to get some sleep. I got into my pajamas and walked over to the light switch.

I turned off the light and walked away, but something didn't feel right.

So I walked back over to the light, turned it on again, before switching it off once more.

Something still wasn't right.

I flicked the light on and off and on and off and on and off for about a minute before I was finally happy and I got into bed and closed my eyes.

Wait...Did I lock the door?

I jumped out of bed, switched the light on and ran over to the door to check if I'd locked it.

Phew. I did lock it after all.

But maybe I'll unlock it and lock it again just in case.

So I unlocked the door and locked it again, before walking over to the light switch, turning the light off, and on and off and on and off again, getting into bed, closing my eyes and finally falling asleep.

*The Next Morning*

I was lying on my bed, examining the piece of paper with Sherlock's number on it again.

It was really bugging me that I couldn't get him out of my head, because it wasn't like me at all to be thinking about someone all the time, my head was already all jumbled up without someone else coming along and messing up my thoughts even more.

I sighed and finally decided to admit my defeat.

I grabbed my phone and typed in the number on the piece of paper before sending him a text:

Hey. It's Margo.

I pressed send and started to get a bit paranoid. Was that too blunt? What if he didn't remember me? What if he gave me the wrong number? My phone buzzed almost instantly after I'd sent the text so I didn't have much time to worry, I looked at the screen, slightly surprised that I'd gotten a reply so quickly.

I got to thinking maybe you'd thrown my number away

SH

I smiled at his joke. He was actually really nice, nicer than most people. My phone buzzed again.

I know a really nice coffee shop in central London. Care to join me?

SH

My smile faded as I read the second text. As much as I wanted to go and get coffee with this interesting, and quite frankly gorgeous man, I knew I'd only end up making a fool of myself and regretting it afterwards.

Sorry, I can't.

I smiled sadly and was about to put my phone down, not expecting the conversation to continue, but my phone lit up with Sherlock's name again:

We're more alike than you think, you know

SH

What the hell does he mean by that? We're not alike at all.

What do you mean by that?

My phone buzzed again almost instantly.

Coffee?

SH

God, this guy dosent know when to give up!

I decided I couldn't hide away forever. A nice guy was asking me out for coffee. Just two perfectly normal people going for a perfectly normal coffee...right? 

I'd been out to get coffee before so it was no big deal anyway, I just didn't usually go out with other people. I kicked myself mentally for giving in to curiosity and being a sucker for a pretty face, as I texted Sherlock back:

Fine.