8

I looked down at the two red lines on the pregnancy test and I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry or have a nervous breakdown or all three. 

I blinked three times, four times, five times.

I shook my head.

I rubbed my eyes.

I looked down at the pregnancy test, and two red lines were still glaring up at me.

I'm pregnant.

How was I going to tell Sherlock? How was I going to be a mother? God I was so scared.

Suddenly the door to the bathroom opened, Sherlock walked in and was about to say something but stopped dead in his tracks when he saw what I was holding.

He stared at me for a few seconds, wide eyed.

"Surprise?" I said uneasily

"You're pregnant?" Sherlock said, his voice barely more than a whisper.

I simply held up the pregnancy test so that Sherlock could get his answer from the two red lines on the small piece of plastic.

I felt nervous, and I wasn't sure what kind of reaction I was going to get for a second when suddenly Sherlock laughed and picked me up in his strong arms, I squealed as he carried me out of the bathroom and into the living room. He twirled me around and we both laughed. 

When Sherlock had finally finished having his moment, he set me down gently.

"You are going to be a phenomenal mother" he smiled proudly

"You really think so?" I answered nervously

"I know so"

"I love you"

"Margo...I actually barged into the bathroom just now because there was something I wanted to ask you" Sherlock's voice sounded nervous

"What is it? Are you okay?" I felt a bit worried

Sherlock got down on one knee and I wondered what he was doing when it suddenly hit me like a bus.

Oh my god.

OH MY GOD.

"Margo-" Sherlock said gently, raising his head to look at me with his enchanting blue eyes. When I looked at him, I felt like I was falling in love all over again.

"Margo. You are everything to me. You have made me so incredibly happy this past year, happier than I ever thought was possible. I love you, I love your eyes and your nose and the strawberry shampoo you use and the way you look down at your feet when you're embarrassed. I love how you check the door is closed every night because I know I'll always be safe with you. I love how sometimes you have to kiss me ten times because it wasn't perfect the first time. If I don't ask you to be mine now I'll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know in my heart, you are the only one for me"

I was crying uncontrollably now, a feeling I'd never felt before was buzzing through my body as Sherlock pulled out a small velvet box from his coat and presented me with a small, simple, delicate and absolutely stunning ring.

"Will you marry me?"

I put my hand over my mouth and cried "Yes, yes a million times yes"

A huge grin broke out on Sherlock's face and he wasted no time in sliding the ring carefully onto my finger, before picking me up gently and twirling me around.

Sherlock kissed me gently "I love you Margo, from the minute I met you I knew I had to marry you. I'm sorry it took me so long to ask"

"Sherlock..."

"Yes?"

I grinned through my tears of utter joy and happiness.

"This is the best day ever"