14

I opened my eyes.

Sherlock sat in the corner of a room, cradling a tiny baby in his arms. He didn't know I was awake yet, so he kept focusing his attention on the baby. Our baby.

My hearing slowly came back to me, and as I stared at them I started to hear a voice, singing. Sherlock's voice.

He was singing to the baby.

"Hush little baby, don't say a word. Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird. And if that mockingbird won't sing, daddy's gonna buy you a diamond ring..."

I coughed.

Sherlock's eyes shot up immediately.

He carefully placed the baby into a cot next to my bed and rushed over to me as soon as the baby was safely lying down.

"Hi" I said, my voice was barely there.

"How are you?" he smiled and his eyes started to tear up a bit

"How's the baby?" I ignored his question, because it was a question we both knew the answer to.

"A baby girl, our daughter" Sherlock smiled

I smiled and a kind of happiness filled me that I'd never felt before, not even with Sherlock. A mother's love.

"Can you bring her here, please?" I winced a bit when I spoke and my voice was...weird. I didn't sound like myself. I didn't sound like Margo. 

Sherlock picked up the beautiful baby girl carefully in his arms, and placed her in mine. She had a perfect tiny button nose and tufts of dark hair on her pretty little head. Her eyes were closed but as she lay there her tiny hand brushed against my face and I tried not to cry.

"She's wonderful..." I breathed

"She looks just like you" Sherlock replied "Beautiful, like her mother"

*3 Days Later*

We entered 221B Baker Street for the thousandth time in our lives, but this time we were returning with a child. Our beautiful daughter.

Sherlock helped me up the stairs whilst Mrs Hudson obsessed over our daughter. We had decided Alice was a fitting name for such a pretty girl, and so we named her thus.

I sat on Sherlock's chair inside our flat with Alice safely in my arms. I struggled to hold her for long because of how weak I was, but I tried my hardest before Sherlock had to take over. We sat there all day, entertaining our daughter, making a fuss out of her, trying to pretend that nothing was wrong, that nothing was ever going to separate our family.