Chapter 8

Jordyn's P.O.V.

We pulled up to the edge of the field.  Scotty got out of his truck and opened the passenger side door for me.  "Do you think you can walk?" he asked.

"I think so."  My legs were a bit shaky, so Scotty took my hand and we walked across the field to the old cherry tree.  We had carved our initials in this tree two years ago.  Underneath the tree was a red and white checkered blanket and a picnic basket.

"Yum! Bojangles'!"  I exclaimed excitedly.  We were eating and talking about pretty much anything.  Suddenly Scotty looked around the field and asked, "Jordyn?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?  I care about you.  I think I..."

"Yeah?"

"Love you," he finished blushing.

"Awww Scotty.  Yes of course.  I love you too."

"Really?"

"Yeah.  Don't tell me you didn't notice."

"Well...maybe a little.  Considering all the posters you have of me in your room."

I laughed, "I thought maybe you would think it was just a McCreerian thing."

"Oh, I know it was a McCreerian thing, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too high if you hadn't liked me back."

"How long have you liked me?"

"Since we met."

"Really?"

"Yeah.  Remember when you came to Minot to see me?"

"How could I forget that?  I was so excited.  I couldn't believe you were coming to our little state." (I had lived in North Dakota at the time)

"I remembered thinking you were one of the prettiest fans."

"Yeah right."

"It's true though.  And when you came to meet me, I remembered how my heart was pounding so hard."

"Ha. You should've felt mine.  I was so nervous."

Scotty laughed.  "When you started talking to me, I remembered how sweet you were."

"Awwww."

"Remember when you moved to North Carolina?"

"Yeah.  I was so happy that all my family and friends got to come with me, and then I found out you lived across the street from me."

"Why didn't you just come over and say hi?"

"I didn't think you would remember me.  You meet so many girls."

"Yeah, but none of them are you.  I finally had to come over and just say 'Hi Jordyn.' "

"I just said 'Hey Scotty, how have you been?' "

"Just like we were old friends."

"Exactly and we've been friends ever since."

"Best friends."

"Yep, best friends.  Do you wanna know something weird?"

"What's that?"

"When I was in the hospital, I had a dream almost exactly like this."

"Is that why the heart monitor was going off like crazy?"

"Yeah."  I could feel the heat radiating from my cheeks.

"Well, that's a weird concidence."

"I know right?"

The sun started to set, and Scotty said, "I better get you home."

"Okay."

When we reached my front porch it was already dark.  "Goodnight Scotty."

"Goodnight Jordyn." Scotty leaned in and gave me a kiss.  I just blushed and watched him head back to his truck and I stayed on the porch as he reached his house across from mine.  He smiled and waved at me.  I waved back then turned and went inside my house, replaying the days events.

I have a boyfriend now,  I thought.  Who knew it would be the one and only Scotty McCreery?