Chapter 4

A week later.....

Jordyn's P.O.V.

I spent the night over at Scotty's.  I woke up and went upstairs.  I saw Scotty's mom sitting on the couch drinking coffee.  "Good morning," I said.  She smiled at me, "Good morning. Did you sleep well?"  "Yes ma'am. Thank you.  Where's Scotty?"  "He's still sleeping, but I have to check on the horses in the barn, you're more than welcome to watch some TV if you want."  "Are you sure you don't want some help?"  "No that's fine, sweetheart.  Just relax." 

After she went outside, I turned on CMT.  Sarah Darling's song, Home To Me, was on and out of habit I started singing along. 

Scotty's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of music coming from upstairs.  I walked upstairs to find Jordyn singing to Sarah Darling's Home To Me. She has such a beautiful voice!  I thought.  She hadn't noticed that I came upstairs.

Jordyn's P.O.V.

The song ended and I heard applauding behind me.  I spun around startled to see Scotty behind me smiling.  "That was amazing! You should be on American Idol!" he said excitedly.  I laughed, "Yeah right!"  "I'm serious, you were great!"  "Awww. Thanks." I turned off the TV and Scotty turned on the radio. His song See You Tonight came on.  "May I have this dance?" he asked. I smiled, "Of course."

So I'm coming over, I hope it's alright, listen for me pulling into your drive, look out your window and see my lights, baby, girl I got to see you tonight, when the breeze is blowing, blowing, got me wishing I was holding, holding, onto you so tight, under that porch light, girl I gotta see you tonight. Scotty sang along.  I smiled as he spun me around.  (Credit for those lyrics go to Scotty McCreery and the people who helped him create that song)

After our dance, Scotty asked, "Do you wanna come to the store with me, to get stuff for breakfast?"  "Sure." Scotty went downstairs to go take a shower and tell his mom we were leaving.  I took a shower upstairs. After my shower I ran a brush through my hair, and put on my pink, plaid, country shirt, jeans, and cowboy boots.  I heard Scotty calling my name.  I went down the stairs to the front door.  "You look great," he said. I blushed, "Thanks."  We went outside to his truck, he opened the passenger door for me. "Thanks," I said.

When we got to the store, we bought stuff for chocolate chip pancakes. "Yum! My favorite! How did you know?" Scotty laughed, "I know what you like."

When we got back to Scotty's, Scotty went into the kitchen and started making breakfast.  "Is there anything I can help you with?" I asked.  "Nope. I want to make breakfast for you. You're the guest. Now, out of my kitchen," he teased me playfully.  I laughed and went into the living room. 

When breakfast was done, I went into the kitchen to eat with Scotty, his parents, and his sister.  It was delicious!