Chapter 9

Scotty's P.O.V.

I abruptly opened my eyes and I had an idea.  I jumped out of bed and put on my white T-shirt and blue jeans.  I raced upstairs to get my guitar and headed out the door.  I heard my mom call, "Scotty, where are you going?  You have an interview at 8!"  I replied, "I know and I'll be right back!"  I could feel her give me a knowing look without me even looking at her.  I raced across the field to where the cherry tree was. I leaned my guitar against the tree. I felt the carving of our initials on the tree.  I traced my finger along her initials.  All the memories from that day came flooding back. 

Her laugh, her smile, the way she held my hand when we took walks together, the way her lips perfectly fit mine when she kissed me.

 "Scotty what are we doing here?"  Jordyn asked me, giving me that sweet smile.

I laughed, "I told you, we are gonna carve our initials into the tree."

"Don't you think that will harm the tree?"

"I don't think it will mind."

"Okay, well just be careful."

"You worry too much, and I'm always careful."

"One, I will let it go, because I care about you, and two, I've seen you play football with your friends in your backyard McCreery, it scares me how rough y'all tackle each other."

I laughed. "Okay...okay...this is different though.  When we play football, the guys know I can beat 'em at that game so they tackle me harder."

Jordyn rolled her eyes.  "Boys will be boys."

I chuckled, "Yeah...yeah."

After I carved our initials in the tree, Jordyn reached for my hand.  "That looks perfect."

"Now anytime we're apart, we can come to this tree and remember this moment."

"Awwwww," Jordyn gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, and just as quickly blushed.  "Sorry,"

I smiled, "Don't worry about it."

I smiled at the memory, tracing our initials.

By the time I got to Jordyn's porch the sun had just started to rise. I then gently knocked on the door.

Jordyn's P.O.V.

I heard someone knock on the door.  I quickly got dressed, ran a brush through my hair, and rushed downstairs.  I quietly opened the door, so I wouldn't wake my parents up.  I was so surprised to see Scotty standing on my porch.  "Scotty?  What are you doing here?  It's only 6 a.m."  "I have a surprise for you."  "Now?"  "Yes."  "Okay, just give me a second, let me tell my parents where I'm going." 

A few minutes later Scotty had blindfolded me and all I knew was that we were in this truck heading who knows where. 

"So, what's the surprise?"

"You'll see."

"You're a sneaky, country boy."

"Yes I know,"  he laughed.  I could listen to that laugh forever.

He helped me out of the truck.  He took my hand and I could feel what felt like dew through my boots.

"Scotty, where are we?"

"Hold on a sec.  We're almost there."

He took off the blindfold and we were standing in front of the cherry tree.  Propped up against the cherry tree was Scotty's guitar.