Chapter 5: Dodging the Silver Bullet [Part 1]

(Deans P.O.V) 

We pulled up to an average sized white chruch. It looked like it had been around since the civil war, with a few coats of paint slopped on every now and then to make it appear nice. We stepped out of the car, couples walked past us with their children, reminding us of the childhood we never had. Anytime we ever stepped into a church, it was just part of the job, we did't really have a choice.

My brother thought we did though, he decided that he would go off to college, become a successful lawyer, and have his own family. All of that changed for him though, the demon that killed our mother, father, and one of the most important things to him.

His girlfriend, Jessica.

He had visions, weeks before it happened, not deciding to let me in on it until he almost got me killed. He thought it was just nightmares, until reality caught up with him. His nightmares became frequent and related to one another, all tied with the demon or others with freaky abilities. I just hoped he'd be able to forget about that today, after everything that I managed to find last night.

It was almost annoying to me. The thought of actually going to church sickened me. I wasn't really into religion so much, except the semi-historical nonsense that would keep me from getting killed.

We actually blended in for once, that never really happened. We weren't fugitives, serial killers, or frauds. Just us. We were being pushed foreward by a crowd of people into the main part of the chruch. It looked more impressive on the inside. I looked around with my eyes at all of the people and the presentation of instruments on the foyer, my brother doing the same next to me.

"Any clue where we might find her?" I asked as I turned to him.

"Did you even ask for her name? He asked.

"Yes." I said,

"Well?" He asked.

"Well what?" I replied back and he shook his head and moved into one of the pews. I sat down next to him at the end. A middle aged man, in his early 40s stood up and grabbed the mic that was sitting on the podium and began to speak.

"Good morning. How's everybody doing this morning?" He asked and I heard 'goods, greats, fines' all around me. "Good. I will not be giving our daily service today. One of God's children will be."

I laughed. God's children. There wasn't such a thing, nothing even close. His 'children' were a bunch of bastards. Everybody was quiet afterward. A girl in a white dress with extremely long black hair stood up and walked to the piano sitting on the foyer. A mob of teenagers followed behind her: two tall boys one with short blonde hair and the other with jet-black. Two other girls, one with short blonde hair the other with mid-length curls. They all had different instruments, and probably played a different role in this chruch. I watched the 1st one sit down at the piano and place her fingers lightly on the keys as she began to play. Her other memebers joining in shortly after.

"Those who felt unloved, will be loved today. Ever being talked down to will be brought up. You're more than what you appear to be." He said. His voice wasn't all that deep, but he sounded like he could be in his early twenty's.

Everyones attention turned back to the girl. Her eyes were closed as she put her mouth closer to the mic and began to sing.

"Well I know the feeling 

Of finding yourself stuck out on the ledge 

And there ain't no healing 

From cutting yourself with the jagged edge 

I'm telling you that, it's never that bad 

Take it from someone who's been where you're at 

Laid out on the floor