part 1

The Picture above is Kate.

Kate's pov

My father had always told me how ruthless, robotic and hardheaded Jeanine Mathews appeared to be... he certainly missed out the sexy part.

Here I am wedged between my father, Marcus and euridite's faction leader

Here I am wedged between my father, Marcus and euridite's faction leader. Having a very serious conversation about the rumours being spread through out the factions.
The irony is- I'd received more beatings from marcus because of the rumours.

"I assure you Marcus, I will find out who's been spreading this nonsense" her lips tilted into a smirk.
My father completley missed it, of course.

I scrunched ip my eyebrows and squinted my eyes at her in an accusing manner.
Her head tilted to the side ignoring whatever rubbish my father was grumbling about.
She raised one of her perfectly groomed eyebrows at me, daring me to say something...she knew i wouldn't

Her smirk only widened as my eyes darted away...... a sign of submission. Damn it.

Her attention was drawn back to my father as he announced "right me and my daughter best get going, she has a hard decision ahead of her" squeezing my arm really tight as if to warn me that switching faction was NOT an option. I winced. Seeing Jeanine's eyes dart between me and my father in a confused manner... I quickly digused my pain.
I let myself be dragged away by my father's vice like grip, not before seeing the worried look from miss Mathews... huh? Strange, I thought she was heartless. That's what my father told me.

We took our seats, my father didn't speak but I could feel his determination to keep me in abnegation, radiate through the room.
I fiddled nervously with my hands waiting for the ceremony to start...whats taking so long??

My eyes kept drifting down to Jeanine, who was talking passionately to a group of people all dressed in blue.
She finished talking after about 10 minutes. I had nothing better to do than count the minutes she spoke for.

My eyes drifted downwards to her backside, she sensed me looking and spun around in time to catch me checking her out.
She smirked lightly and gave me a slight wave as if she hadn't just caught me.
I slump into my chair, wave quickly and turn my head to the side so she couldn't see the burning blush sitting on my cheeks.

The ceremony finally begins with jeanine's speech on belonging to one faction, the history of the faction system and the moral of faction before blood though I swear she looked at me for that part as if she knew my father's plans. Then John Eaton starts calling out the names of people my age.

Suddenly I hear "Kate Smith" echoing through the vast building. I take a shaky breath and stand slowly. My father stands up tightly hugging me purposefully to give everyone a 'show' as rumours have been spreading, he has the job to convince outsiders that abnegation is a kind and selfless faction. It's really not.

He whispers in my ear "if you leave Me, I'll come and find you. Then. I'll. Kill. You." I stumble backwards shocked at his words sure he's beat me up before but I didn't think he'd have it in him to kill his own daughter. It shook me to my core.

As I get to the 5 bowls my mind goes blank. Completely blank. What faction should I choose?
I can be intelligent right?
I contemplate  as I slice my Palm open with the knife which actually makes me smile as it takes away some of my emotional pain, I feel like I'm back in control all because of the pain caused by the knife.
... I see Jeanine frown at me and I quickly replace my smile with something that I think resembled pain. My hand hovers over abnegation and my eyes lock with jeanine's, it's like time stopped between us.
She probably didn't feel it but, I sure did.
All I know is, I have a huge fucking crush on this older woman.

My blood drops.

I hear the clapping radiating from erudite...I'm so shocked I can't think straight.
I didn't think I'd do it.
I'm free.
I smile to myself.
I walk over to erudite feeling quite proud of myself.
Jeanine waves me over, I hesitantly walk to the the place she's sitting, far back in the corner, next to an empty seat.
God she looks so sexy in her fitted, royal blue dress that ends mid thigh.
I'm too busy checking her out to realise she's staring at me with curiosity.
She clears her throat and I jump earning a chuckle from her...my face burns a bit...well, a lot.
"Are you going to stand there, like you have been for the last 5 minutes or sit down?" I've been staring at her for 5minutes!! God I'm so embarrassed.

I squeeze past her to get to the seat she saved? Surely she wouldn't save me a seat?
My leg brushed with hers causing an instant gush of butterflies to form in my stomach and the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up.
I manage to sit down without embarrassing myself any further although I could see her glancing at my rosy cheeks, a small smirk playing on her lips.
She leans over putting her hand on my thigh making me very nervous.
"I'm very glad you picked erudite sweetie, it's in your best interests"
Oh god. When she called me 'sweetie'
I gasped...which she heard...nothing gets past Jeanine Mathews, which makes it a lot harder for me to hide my intense feelings.
She leaned back into her chair looking satisfied.

I stare at her defined cheekbones then to her plump lips imagining how soft they would be to kiss.

I didn't catch the seductive smile on her face as I turned to observe the rest of the ceremony.
At the end of thr ceremony my father rushed over to speak to me. As he was about to drag me away, Jeanine stepped between us intimidating my father as she was a lot taller and stronger... a big turn on.
shut up Kate! She could kill you if She wanted! Stop crushing on your faction leader !!!!
"Faction before blood Marcus, you should know that" she hisses

She takes a step towards my father and growls lowly "she's mine Now"
I don't think I was supposed to hear that, so I pretend not to.
I didn't know what it meant anyway.

My father scurried off.. Jeanine is VERY scary.

We walk side by side outside, she sighs and turns to face me. "You'll have to come with me in my car miss smith, the other cars have already left"
I moaned as she said my name like that. My hand flew up to cover my mouth disguising it as a cough. though I don't think she bought it, as I could see her smirking ...

In the car
Although the car was huge ...she sat in the seat right next to me, not giving me much room to think. Was she doing this on purpose?
Her perfume intoxicated me like a drug.
I breathed in her smell once more scared it'd go forever. It was truly heavenly.
She giggled "do I smell nice kate?"
Mmhh that's the first time she's said my name and god did it make me wet.
Oh shit...I just realised what she said "i-i no I mean yes...eer" she shook her head slightly with a smile still upon her lips. "Darling, calm down. Why are you so nervous around me?" She leaned into me, her breast touching my shoulder making me tense.
"W-what? Why would you think that I'm nervous?" I managed to stutter out.
She looked me in the eye "simple body language, my dear. It is very obvious."
She states.
My mouth hung open for a couple of seconds, letting the realisation sink in that she probably knows I fancy her. Fuck.
"Am I really that obvious?" I ask nervously
She shrugs "well...My dear, I can't say no one noticed your ...interest in My body at the ceremony. Even your father seemed to notice and he was not impressed at all. When you're checking me out, at least try to be a little discreet about it" she chuckles letting her words sink in.
I'm so embarrassed I can't look at her right now. I can't believe she noticed me checking her out.

That's probably why my father pulled me away from her, oh god.                 She knows.
There was a rumour going around that this guy in her office asked her to go on a date and she killed him for not taking his job seriously ...AND she got away with it, because she's the faction leader. Everybody fears her.
We all know rumours that circulate through the factions, are most likely true.
That scared me a lot. She could do anything to me and get away with it.
"We're here" her breath tickled my neck making my breath get caught in my throat...