Chapter Eleven

Jimin hesitated to tell me about his heartbreak, so I didn't ask him again.

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me." I said and attempted to get up but he pulled me back down.

"No, I'll tell you. I owe it you. Jieun and I were really good friends ever since we were kids. I've always loved her as a friend but when we got older I fell in love with her. I confessed my feelings to her shortly after we debuted and she said she liked me too so I asked her out. We dated ever since then but..." his voice cracked which was so heartbreaking to me but I tried to comfort him as best as I could.

"But..?" I said and placed my hand on his arm.
He glanced toward the ceiling as a tear came down his cheek.

"One day...I came home earlier than I expected and as I opened the door quietly, I heard screams and moans and I ran to bedroom and saw her there, on our bed, fucking another guy. I heard everything she said. She said things like 'that pretty boy could never pleasure me as good as you' and 'you're so much better than him.'
I was extremely heartbroken. I left that place, I couldn't bear to be in there anymore after I saw that.
Luckily, Tae let me stay with him. I was only good to her, I never looked at another woman while I was with her. I gave her my everything and she gave me nothing. The only good thing is that no one really knew about our relationship so nothing got around. Nonetheless, it was so horrible, I wanted to harm myself at some point thinking I'll never love anyone else as much, but I knew that wasn't true."

I was speechless at this point, I thought my ex had done me bad, but Jimin's love story was so much worse than mine.

"Jimin...I'm so sorry. I can't believe she'd do that. How could she? I would never do that to someone, it's cruel and selfish and just wrong. If I didn't want to be with that person I wouldn't go and cheat on them, I would be honest. If that happened to me...I'd close up forever."

Jimin finally smiled a little bit and then reached for my hand.
"You'd get over it, you're strong. Thank you for listening to me as well. I know we just met but...I feel like I've known you for years." He said making me smile in disbelief.

"Alright, well now that we know that part about each other, we can just leave all the negativity behind and focus on more positive things. I'm sure you'll find a girl that's much better than her and she'll be with you forever." I assured him but inside I was thought about how good I would be to him if we ever dated, how I'd treat him like a king and never let him go, but that's only in my dreams, our relationship can only be professional.

Jimin smiled even more at what I told him and his eyes became crescent moons, adorable.

"Don't smile at me like that." I said and finally got up.

"Why? Is it too cute?"

"Yes."

"I know you love my eyes."

"Stop it..."
Then suddenly, an energetic Hoseok came in the room and saw me standing above my drawer and Jimin on the bed.

"What in the name of...what are you guys doing? It's almost 1 o'clock! Can we go now?!"
He said impatiently, hopping around like a child.

"Yes, yes. Please take your Jiminie out of here so I can get dressed."

"Yes ma'am." he said and saluted me, then grabbed him by his shirt and dragged him out. He winked at me as he was being dragged out and I smiled this time, giving in.

God, what am I going to do with him.

I decided to put on the bathing suit Jimin picked out for me because he honestly boosted my confidence  but I wasn't sure if I was actually going to take my shirt off.