Chapter Seven

I got up from the table and rushed out after Adrian to see what happened.
She was in tears and couldn't speak so I tried to calm her down by hugging her.

"Adrian? What's going on all of the sudden?"
She tried to get it together before she spoke and wiped away her tears.

"My mom...she got into a bad accident. I have to go. I have to be with her! She's all the way in Florida. Tell boss that I'm quitting. She's not well." She cried.

My heart shattered for her as I felt her pain so deeply by looking into her eyes.

It happened to me before and it was more painful than getting stabbed in the back with a knife.

"Go honey...I'll find someone to help me watch these boys...your mom needs you."

"Thank you...I'm gonna miss them but my mom's my priority."

"Of course." I said and hugged her one last time before she ran out of the restaurant and went to organize her trip to Florida.

I was going to miss her and it was going to be hard finding someone to replace her that I trust. Or so I thought...

When I returned to the table I found Taehyung talking with someone that seemed so familiar but I couldn't put my finger on who it was.

I walked up to them and cleared my throat so they'd turn to me.

"Oh, Regina! Let me introduce you to someone, this is my friend-"

"Nova?"

"Regina?"

Taehyung stared at us dumbfounded and so did the rest of the boys.

Nova was my best friend back in school but she moved to Korea a long time ago and we lost contact over time. We had forgotten about each other and that was something I deeply regretted, but now she's right here standing in front of me all grown up and looking stunning.

I hugged her tightly and she did too. It felt so good to see an old friend again. We looked at each other as if we couldn't believe this was real.

"How are you here?" I asked as I broke the hug, keeping a wide smile on my face.

"I'm with them, but in a separate house."

"You...you know them?"

"Yeah, Taehyung and I went to school together. Wait, how do you know them?"

I rubbed the back of my neck and looked away from her trying to think of the words I was about to say as I knew she'd never expect me to be doing such a job.

"Well, I'm...I'm their tour guide, for the time they'll be here. It was completely random that I got assigned to them..."

"Oh that's incredible! Regina, I can't believe this. This is such a small world. I really missed you. Look how beautiful you are."

"Aw no, stop. I'm not even close to being beautiful." I said as my cheeks turned red at her compliment but then all the boys looked at me squinting their eyes, then I became even more red and embarrassed.

"See? Even they think so." Nova said and chuckled.

"Well thank you guys, anyway, would you like to sit with us? Please do."

"Of course, I'd love to!" She said and took her seat quickly next to Taehyung. I could see that she had a huge thing for him and I was sure he felt the same towards her.

I felt bad for Adrian that really wanted to get to know him, but some things just aren't meant to be.

I sat down again next to Jimin and he looked at me up and down with those dark eyes of his.