O N E

Jade was sitting in the swimming pool with Ethan and Grayson. They were supposed to be having a competition - who can be under water the longest - but Grayson was on his phone. He hasn't put his phone down yet. He's smiling as he's typing. It was a bit peculiarly. Jade sighed as she swam towards him.

"Wha'cha doin'?" Jade asked. Grayson jumped out of his skin and quickly closed his phone. Jade looked at him curiously. He moved around uncomfortably. Jade saw his actions and knew he was hiding something.

"Me?! I-I wasn't doing anything!" He stumbled on his words. Jade looked at him in disbelief. He sighed when he saw her reaction. "Fine! I've been texting this girl recently. And... I think she might be the one. I mean - she's caring, loving, gentle, kind, polite, not stuck up, funny, adventurous and confident! She's amazing!"

Jade sighed. "Are you sure she's the right one?"

"Yeah, she's the one!"

"You said that about your last girlfriend. And the girlfriend before that, and the girlfriend before that, and the girlfriend before that, and the girlfriend-"

"I get it!" He cut her off. "I know I've had many girlfriends, but I have a feeling she's the one for me! Just meet her! I'm sure you'll like her!" Jade thought about it for a few seconds.

"Fine!" Grayson smiled. "But if I don't like her, I'm not going to be spending time with you while she's around! Okay?!" Grayson's smile grew as he hugged her. Jade hugged back as she heard him whisper in her ear.

"Thanks".

They spent the rest of the day in the swimming pool. Every now and again, Grayson would swim to his phone to see if his "dream girl" had text him back. And she had. He would spend a few minutes texting her before going back to Ethan and Jade.

They were all swimming when Grayson heard his phone ring. He swam to his phone and answered it. "Hello?" He spoke to the person for a while. Jade sighed as she watched him. "Outside? Okay, I'll be there in a sec".

He hung up and jumped out the water. He ran into the house towards the front door. Ethan and Jade turned to each other. "What could that phone call possibly be about?" Jade asked. Ethan shrugged his shoulders before splashing her. She laughed and began to splash him back. They had a splashing war until Grayson interrupted.

"Guys" they turned their attention to him. They saw a beautiful blonde girl standing next to him in a bikini that was so short, she might had well have been naked. "This is my girlfriend, Kirsty. Kirsty, this is my best friend and my twin brother - Jade and Ethan". Kirsty smiled and waved at Ethan and Jade.

Grayson turned his attention to Kirsty. "Are you joining us?" Kirsty smiled wider as she entered the pool with Grayson. The four of them began to splash each other for a while. Jade was laughing as she splashed everyone. She stopped when she saw Kirsty glaring at her. Kirsty swam towards her.

"Stay away from Grayson, b*tch!" Kirsty demanded. Jade was confused. "He's mine! So back off! He will never love you! You're an ugly fat cow! He doesn't want you! He wants me! So stay away! Got it?!"

"No!" Jade argued. "He's my best friend!"

Kirsty smirked at her. All of a sudden, she yells out in pain. Ethan and Grayson stop and look in their direction. Quickly, Grayson swam to Kirsty. "What happened?! Are you alright?! Are you hurt?!" He asked. Kirsty was holding her left eye.

"Jade hit me" she lied.

Jade stared at her in shock. But her expression soon turned to sadness. Grayson glared at her. "Jade!" He yelled in anger. "Why?! I thought you were my best friend! I thought you wanted me to be happy! Best friends don't hurt their best friend's girlfriend!"