S I X

Jade woke up before Grayson. She crawled out of bed and walked out the house. She walked to McDonald's to buy Grayson food. It was the best way to apologise considering it's his favourite takeout.

She ordered his usual and got Ethan and herself something. She walked back to the Dolans house. She entered and placed the food in the kitchen. She was about to leave the kitchen when she heard a voice.

"Where were you?" She saw Grayson entering the kitchen. She smiled at him as she showed him the breakfast she had brought him. He looked at her suspiciously before taking the food. He sat down at the island in the kitchen and looked at her. "What have you done to it?" He asked.

"Nothing!" She answered. "I brought it from McDonald's! I just got back! Would I ever do something to your food when you haven't eaten at all?" She looked at Grayson quizzically. He looked up at her.

"Yeah! You did when we were 8! And 10! And when we were 13! You even did it last week!" Jade laughed a little. It was true; she enjoyed pranking Grayson. It was always fun to watch him get pranked.

"Okay, I guess I do. But, I promise, I didn't do anything to the food".

Eventually, Ethan came down. The three of them ate their McDonald's together. After that, they watched a movie before going into the swimming pool. Although it was raining, they still went outside. They spent a couple hours in the rain, splashing and wetting each other. They kept throwing each other into the water.

They were called in by Lisa for dinner. They all came rushing in for food. Lisa had prepared home-made burgers. They were amazing! All three of them were eating the burgers, and then asking for more. Unfortunately, Lisa had only made a certain amount.

They sighed as they went back to the swimming pool. They sat in the hot tub and began to play Truth or Dare. Ethan had suggested the game and said it would be "fun". Little did they know, it would cause a huge commotion.

"Grayson!" Ethan exclaimed. All the attention was on Grayson. They had done rock paper scissors to see who was asking fist: Ethan did rock while Grayson and Jade did scissors. Ethan asks first. "Truth or Dare?"

Grayson thought for a while before replying, "Truth".

"What's your dirtiest secret?" Ethan asked. Grayson's face went bright red from embarrassment. He tried to avoid the question, but Ethan kept asking him. "Come on! What's your dirtiest secret? We've all got them! What's yours?!"

Grayson sighed. "Pass! I don't want to say".

Jade sighed. "How dirty is this secret of yours?"

Grayson turned to her. "We may be close, but I can't tell you this!"

"Fine!" Ethan said disappointed. "Do you have a crush on anyone? Or are you in love with anyone?" Jade looked at him in excitement. She was nervous to hear the answer, but also eager to know. Did he like her back?

"No, not yet". Her heart dropped. He didn't like her the way she liked him. She was just his best friend. And that's all she ever be. She won't be able to tell him she loves him and hear him say it back. She won't be able to feel his lips ob hers. She won't be able to goon dates with him. Instead, she will be helping him find the perfect place to take his date.

"Jade!" Grayson said, taking her from her trance. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare!" She said without thinking or hesitation.

Grayson smirked at her. "I dare you to jump in a mud puddle! And then jump in the pool!" Jade sighed as she got out the hot tub. She looked around for a mud puddle. She found one by the fence of the back yard. The twins were following her. She looked at them and saw them watching her. She sighed as she jumped in the puddle.

She stood up and looked at them. They were laughing at her: she was covered head to toe in mud. She smiled and ran towards them. They saw what she was trying to do and began to run. She chased after Ethan first because she knew she'd be able to catch him. She tackled him into a hug. He screamed as she hugged him.

She laughed as she released him. She looked around and saw Grayson laughing his head off. She ran at him and did the same as she did with Ethan. He wiggled in her grasp, but she wasn't letting go. "No! Let me go!" He yelled.

Jade laughed as she pushed him into the swimming pool. He rose the the surface and glared at her. She laughed as she cannon-balled into the pool. She broke to the surface, but couldn't see Grayson anywhere. All of a sudden, she felt someone lift her up and throw her into the water. When she arose, she saw Ethan and Grayson laughing. She smiled as she swam towards them.

They sat in the hot tub again and finished the game. It was Jade's turn to ask someone. She turned to Ethan and asked him which one he wants. He thought for a while. Should he take the risk, or play it safe?

"Truth".

"Wow! You two are boring!" Jade exclaimed. "Okay, how is your relationship going so far?" A smile formed on Ethan's lips. Grayson and Jade leaned forwards, intrigued by the question. Ethan laughed at them before replying.

"It's amazing!" He began to speak. "We haven't argued yet! She doesn't think I'm a complete nutter yet! She enjoys our little dates! She loves going on adventures! She loves exploring new places! We have been on a few dates! And they were amazing! I actually think she could be the one!"

Grayson and Jade smiled at him. He blushed and tried to hide his faced. That only made Grayson and Jade laugh at him. Ethan was finally able to control his blush and continue the game. He faced Grayson.

"Truth or Dare?"

"Dare!"

"I dare you to... kiss jade!"

Grayson and Jade looked at him in shock. "What?!" Grayson asked. "No! She's my best friend! I'm not going to kiss her! It would be so awkward! And I don't like her in that way! And I can't kiss someone I don't like in that way!"

"Gray, it's just a dare!"

"No! I'm not doing it!" Grayson left the hot tub and went inside.

Ethan turned to Jade. "Sorry".

"No, it's fine. It's not the first time I've been rejected!" Jade admitted. "I think it's best if I just go home". She got out the hot tub and walked home. She entered her house and went to her room. She fell on her bed and cried herself to sleep.