T H R E E

Grayson woke up in the middle of the night and walked downstairs. He looked in the living room to see Ethan, Cameron and Jade all sleeping together. He grabbed a blanket and placed it over the three of them. He walked into the kitchen to make himself a glass of water. He was drinking when he heard someone speak behind him.

"Having trouble sleeping?"

He turned around and saw Jade. She was smiling at him as she made herself a glass of water. Grayson nodded his head. "It's really warm in my room. And I was a little upset that I didn't watch the new Disney movie. But Kirsty doesn't like Disney movies".

"Why don't we go watch it tomorrow night?" Jade suggested. "I've got nothing planned, and I really want to watch it as well". Her smiled faded as a thought came to mind. "Unless you're busy with Kirsty tomorrow".

"Yeah, I am" Grayson said. "But I'm sure I can spare some time for you! I can tell her that something came up!" Jade shook her head as she placed her now empty glass in the sink so it can be washed. She turned to Grayson.

"You can't lie to her. What is a relationship if you're not being honest?" Jade questioned. "It's okay, I'm sure we can do it some other time. I'll have something to do tomorrow. Just... enjoy your time with Kirsty". With that said, she walked back to the living room.

Grayson sighed as he went back to bed. He lay in bed and stared at the ceiling. He began talking to himself as he thought about everything. "What am I going to do?" He asked himself. "I really like Kirsty, but I don't want to lose Jade! What am I going to do?! If I lose Jade, I'll lose my best friend! But if I lose Kirsty, I might lose the love of my life. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I'm screwed!"

***

Jade woke up to the couch empty. She looked around for Cameron or Ethan. She heard talking in the kitchen. She left the living room and walked towards the kitchen. As she entered, she saw Grayson and Kirsty laughing. She sighed as she walked past them. She didn't expect Grayson to notice her. And he didn't. She got a glass of water and walked upstairs. She walked to Cameron's room. She saw Cameron looking through her wardrobe. Cameron turned around and smiled at her.

"Hey, Jade!" Cameron greeted.

"Hey, Cam!" Jade replied as she lay on Cameron's bed. Cameron turned to her and asked her if there was something wrong. Jade sighed and threw her arms up. "I'm losing my best friend! Grayson is always with his girlfriend! And he never has time for me! He didn't even notice me walk past him in the kitchen! I've already lost him!"

Cameron lay next to her and attempted to reassure her. "He will never forget you, Jade! You mean so much to him! He just wants Kirsty to love him! That's all he wants: for someone to love him. His biggest fear - besides heights - is that he will be always be alone. You will always be his best friend!"

"But Kirsty is replacing me!"

"No one can replace you! Gray cares about you way too much for someone to replace you!" Cameron said. "Gray isn't like other people. He won't cut people off from his life without a valid explanation. And he will do everything he can to keep you in his life. Jade, don't worry about it!" Cameron then suggested, "How about we go shopping and forget about everything?!"

Jade sat up and breathed in. "Okay, I need to go mine first to change clothes". They left the house and Cameron drove them to Jade's house. Jade went inside and, 10 minutes later, came out freshly clean. Jade got in the passenger's seat and they drove to the mall.

They spent hours shopping before heading home.Cameron let Jade place her bags in her room before going to the Dolans house. When they arrived, Jade went to the living room to see Grayson and Kirsty cuddling on the couch. She held her tears back and walked to Cameron's room. Cameron and Jade spent a few hours watching movies and talking about girly things - such as what they find attractive in guys.