T E N

Jade walked from the airport to her dorm room. She was finally in her dream college! She was going to become an artist. Leave everything behind in New Jersey. She could be whoever she wants to be! She can start fresh.

She was unpacking her clothes while listening to music. She had the dorm room all to herself. She didn't have to share. that was a good thing because she wouldn't have to worry about her dorm friend being a stuck up bitch.

It was late when she had finished unpacking. She changed into her pajamas and crawled into bed. She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

She woke up at 8am the next morning. She got out of bed and got dressed. She left her dorm and began to walk around campus. She was near the car park when she saw an uber enter the gates of the school. She was confused, but ignored it. She continued to walk around.

She stopped when she heard someone yell her name. Not just anyone. "Jade!" She turned around to see Grayson running towards her. He smiled at her as he got closer. Jade was so confused.

"Grayson? What are you-"

He cut her off by kissing her. His lips felt soft against hers. She kissed back after a few seconds of shock. Her arms wrapped around his neck as his wrapped around the bottom of her back. Their kiss was slow and passionate.

But for Jade, it was perfect.

They pulled apart for air and stared into each others eyes. "I love you, Jade. I see that now. Maybe I was always calling you my best friend to hide those feelings. I have always been scared of rejection, you know that. I have been rejected, dumped and cheated on way too many times! But I know how I feel towards people. And I know I love you".

Jade smiled at him and kissed him again. "Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked as he pulled away. Jade nodded her head as he smiled grew wider. Her dream was finally coming true. He was all hers.

"Of course I will!"

He smiled his gorgeous smile as he kissed her again.

She finally left The Friend Zone.