Sorting Hat

Draco's POV
All Riddle did was stare at her dog, she wasn't paying attention to me!
What's worse is that she's not saving me from Parkinson.
Hmm I'll try to get her to ta- what am I saying! I am a Malfoy I will make her talk.

"So Riddle~" I say in my naturally perfect voice, she looked up barely, "what house do you want to be in?"

She looks at me straight in the eye,
"I don't have a choice do I?" To this I raised an eyebrow till it hit me.
She's the Dark Lords daughter of course she'll be a Slytherin.
Lucky for me so will I, us Malfoys are always Slytherin.
I leaned back in my seat and smirked
"No, no you don't haha"

-Time skip brought to you by Professor Snape's nose-

(Y/N)'s POV

Throughout the train journey I could feel Draco's eyes on me. Ugh could he leave me alone?
I had already changed into my robes, but I still wore my cape to hide my face.

As we left the train I stuck with Draco, and his goons. Pansy went off with some of her friends, I don't even know how they can stand her.

"Firs' years come dis way to der boats, dats righ' follow meh" A half giant being, I believe is named Hagrid said.

I followed Malfoy to the boats and carefully sat near Goyle who flinched when I sat down.
Rolling my eyes I sighed and looked out of the lake and saw a huge castle like building.
"It's beautiful" I muttered under my hood.

If I wanted to, I could of shifted and flew there but I decided to stay with the others to cause less hassle.

When we get there, a woman with fading black hair stood.
"Firs' years, I present ter ya Professor McGonagall" He said gesturing the professor.
"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room.
'The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.
The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarted yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting." Her eyes lingered on me for a moment.
"I will return when we are ready for you,"said Professor McGonagall. "Please wait quietly."

With that she and Hagrid left, I looked around for Draco to find him making his way through the crowd. I was standing on my own, since no body wanted to be around me....
Geez you'd think that they think I will kill them, oh wait they do.

I followed him but stayed back when I saw who he was talking to.
"So it's true, what they were saying on the train, Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts" he smirked. People started to whisper, whilst others stared between me and Potter.

I had nothing against Potter but he probably had something against me...

"Yea and who are you?" Potter asked
"Draco, Draco Malfoy" he answered and stuck his hand out for Harry to shake.
The red head - Weasley snickered softly, I know of the Weasleys, Bloodtraitors is what mother refers them too. I was raised to be a proper Pureblood, but I honestly didn't care for blood types, still have to keep up the 'reputation' as Malfoy puts it.

"You think my name is funny do you, no need to ask for yours, red hair, hand me down robe, you must be a Weasley" he sneered which caused me to half smirk trying to hold in a giggle.
Draco turned to Harry, "You'll soon find other wizarding families are better than some-" he turned to look at me but went back to Potter.
"You don't want to go mixing with the wrong sort, I can help you there" once again holding his hand out for him to shake.
But Harry never did, he just looked at Malfoy and said "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks".
Malfoy glared at him but before he could reply McGonagall came back.
"We're ready for you now" Draco made his way back to me and huffed slightly.

She led us to two big fancy doors, and with a swipe of her hand they opened.
Inside there were lots of students separated between four tables.

Walking up the isle she led us to a platform where all the professors were. Dumbledore looked at me and gave me a gentle smile.

She stopped by an old grubby looking hat.

"Now when I call your name, come up and the sorting hat will sort you into your house"
Oh so that's what the hat is for.
A couple of students went first. I wasn't really paying attention till I heard a familiar name.
"Draco Malfoy" he moved from next to me and walked confidently up to the platform.
Before that hat barely touched his head it shouted "SLYTHERIN!!" He smirked and strolled off to the Slytherin table.

"Harry Potter" the entire hall went quiet and Dumbledore leaned forward in his seat. Harry went up and sat on the stool. I saw him whisper something but I couldn't hear.
A few minutes later it shouted "GRYFFINDOR!!"

After what seemed liked hours, she finally called my name,
"(Y/N) Riddle" again the whole hall went quiet, somewhere staring in fear whilst others started whispering about me.
Before I even reached the stool the hat shouted "SLYTHERIN!!!"
Wow! See I said I didn't have a choice,
I slowly turned around and walked towards the Slytherin table.

Dumbledore made a small speech about how the Forbidden forest was 'forbidden' kind of ironic if you ask me and for all students to stay way from the third floor.
'You may go to the forest if you need to shift' I heard Dumbledore's voice say in my head.
Looking towards him I nodded.
With that he lifted his arms and suddenly the tables were filled with food.
I took some (F/F) ( <favourite food> ) and ate. I looked over at Draco who was next to me diving straight for the apples.

I'm starting to like this place!

—————————————————————–––—–––
A/N: Yay a new update, sorry haven't been updating as much as I want but can't help with schoolwork 😭
Anyways should have a new update by early Saturday morning or late Sunday night, depending on where you live!

~Verkira 🖤