Ch. 3 - FREAK!

Chapter 3 - FREAK!

"I don't believe it...it's unreal...how?" Alice tried to sound calm.

I was relieved she hadn't ran away in fear yet.

"It's a long story. Can we go to my place so I can explain?" I asked her politely.

"Of course. But before we go, I'm curious. If you're a neko, where are your ears and tail?" she curiously asked.

I looked at her in amazement.

"I'm not really sure. But I think if I explain, you'll get it." I laughed.

She smiled and grabbed my hand in hers. We both walked through the gigantic gate entrance to my house. She has been here a million times, so she wasn't so surprised to walk through such a rich and extravagant castle-like place. We walked through the long pathway that lead to the two door entrance of my castle mansion house.

She let go of my hand and ran up to the door bell. Oh how she loved to push it. Every time someone pushed the button a little classical song would play and she would always dance to it. She said it reminded her of a little music box her grandmother gave to her for Christmas...the day before she passed away. That's why Alice cherished that song very much, it reminded her of her grandmother.

When the music stopped and the doors opened with a loud creak, we were greeted by the butler, Aiden. He was a very humorous man around his twenties. But his slicked back brown hair and suit made him look older. Alice had told me that she has a little crush on him. However, I didn't take her seriously and laughed it off. She got a little offended because she said she was serious. She dreams that one day they will get married and have beautiful children. I rolled my eyes and smiled. She was a girl with a big and outrageous imagination full of fairy tales.

"Well hello there Sir Edrick and Miss Alice. Welcome, please do come in." Aiden the butler greeted.

"Thank you kind oh kind butler." Alice curtsied and blushed. I chuckled.

"Hello Aiden, thank you." I said.

"The Dr. is not home Sir, but he said he will be arriving for dinner." the butler said as he stepped aside to let us in.

"Thank you Aiden." Alice and I entered the house and Aiden shut the door behind us.

Aiden walked past us and asked the maids to whip up a snack for us. I looked up and saw the glistening chandelier. It reminded me of icicles in the winter season. Alice ran to the beginning of the right hand staircase.

"Race ya to the game room. The last one there is a rotten fish on a stick!" she exclaimed with excitement.

She always loved to compete with me with silly games like these. She has beat me multiple times since I wasn't capable of running too fast. But this time I will beat her, my restored bones and new speed will help me. I smirked and ran to the left hand staircase.

"Ready." I started.

"Set." she looked at me and smirked as well.

"GO!" I yelled as I sprinted right through the stairs to the second floor. I crashed the doors open to the game room and jumped on the couch. I sat there waiting for her patiently.

I heard loud breathing and panting close by the entrance to the game room.

"Okay..(breathes)..you...(breathes)..win..(breathes)." she said through heavy breaths and collapsed on the couch next to me.

"Yes!" I jumped up and did a little victory dance. She looked up at me and laughed.

"Okay calm down. Now, explain. I need to know how did you run so fast? Don't you have weak and unstable bones?" she asked.