Chapter One #

A/N: So, i'm in the process of editing this book so the chapters that have '#' next to it means that it has been edited. Btw, if you guys wanna check out the books of the girl on the cover on this story, her wattpad name is "quiinan".

*Quote One: You’re never too old to have some fun.*

“Taylor, did you remember that we are going to go to The Chestnut Park today?” Keri asks me over the phone with hope in her voice. When my response was silent, she groans. “We are supposed to go egg hunting… remember?”

I sigh. Doesn’t she know we are like fifteen years old? What fifteen year old goes egg hunting? I mean, seriously. I used to go egg hunting with my Dad when I was little. Yeah, that stopped when I was thirteen. He was too busy with work so he couldn’t take me. My mom wasn’t around so, we just stopped buying eggs.

“I can’t.” I lie. “Claire invited me to the movies.” declining her offer. I sort of felt bad for lying. But I didn’t want to be caught egg hunting by some people that go to our school. I would want to embarrass myself.

“Oh… but today is Easter! We were supposed to go Egg hunting….” She says miserably.

I bite my lip. “Come on, you know we are too old for that.” I say, rolling my eyes at her comment, even though I know she can’t see me.

“You’re never too old to have some fun.” She argues, getting more irritated by the second.

“Yeah, I suppose.” I shrug.

“Anyway, what movie are you going to watch?” she asks. I knew she was just trying to change the conversation and we all know she’s not really interested in the movie I’m watching.

“Days of the Dead,” I still tell her. My voice was a little more upbeat than it should’ve been. Claire and I hadn’t really planned on going to the movies… but I plan on asking Claire if she’d be up for it. “Channing Tatum is going to be in it!” I say excitedly, continuing with my lie. “Claire and I have been dying to see that movie for weeks!

“That’s demonic.” She says strictly, bursting my happiness. Not that I didn’t expect it anyway.

“Everything is demonic to you. It’s a scary movie, which is fake, but engaging.”

“It’s still demonic.” She says brushing me off. “Why don’t you watch Happy Shoes?” she suggests.

“Is Channing Tatum in it?” I ask.

“Well… No…”

“Then no thanks. I got to go. Claire is calling me.” I lie again.

“… Bye.” She says, abruptly hanging up on me with her voice filled with anger. I wonder what’s wrong with her; I didn’t do anything to offend her… I think.

God, too many lies in one phone call. I didn’t intend to lie, things just happened.

*          *          *          *          *

"I don’t think I can go to sleep tonight.” Claire says plopping herself on my pink with black small bows bed.

“Me either.” I say sighing as I kick off my shoes into the mist of my closet.

I called Claire right after the phone call I had with Keri and Claire was up for it. I wasn’t surprised, Claire will literally come to anything she’s invited to. No joke.

“Channing Tatum was so good in the part when he was killing his brother.” Claire says gushing.

“Don’t spoil it for me!” Someone says walking into my room.