Chapter Two #

*Quote Two: Never stand there when a friend is getting bullied.*

The next day, I didn’t hear anything from Keri. It was like she went MIA on me. I hope she isn’t mad at me about the situation. I didn’t actually do anything wrong. All I did was stay quiet. I didn’t want to get in the middle of it but I can’t get the fact that I agreed to Keri being a third-wheel to me and Claire. Was she a third wheel? In the past, I would mostly spend my time with Claire at my birthday parties. I would try to spend time with Keri but that would be hard because Claire would always have her arm around me, steering me one place to the next and Keri would just follow. Would that make her a third wheel? I decide to try messaging her on CloseBook to see if she would respond.

Taylor:Are you mad at me?

It took her a long time to message me back. Hours passes by and I keep checking my CloseBook to see if she messaged me back. My dad told me not to dwell on it but I needed someone to walk in the school with. It would be awkward by myself. I would go with Claire but she rides the bus. I check one more time at midnight, refreshing my page. But she didn’t text back. It says that she read it but she didn’t reply. I guess she’s still ignoring me.

I wake up the next morning and I quickly dash to my computer to check my messages.

Yes! She replied! I take in a deep breath and prepare for the worst.

Keri: Idk, You answer that question.

Ugh, she always gets like this when she’s mad.

I type back.

Taylor: Idk… Are you?

Two minutes later.

Keri: Yes.

I knew it. Of course she’s mad, why wouldn’t she be? Claire was so rude to her that night. But that would mean she’s mad at Claire. Why would she be mad at me?

Taylor: Can you elaborate on why?

Keri: Because you sat there while Claire was shooting bullets at me. A real best friend would have stuck up for me; told her to stop, told her you can’t say that to my best friend. You said nothing. That’s shows how much of a best friend you are.

My mouth drops open in shock. What could I have possibly said to make Claire stop or make the situation better? And I did tell her to stop, I even tried changing the topic!

Taylor: But… after you left, I told he she was harsh on you.

Keri: Harsh?

I stare at the screen at her message. I was speechless. Probably because I think I understood where she was coming from. Then I started to get a little aggravated.

Taylor: What are you getting at?

A second later…