Chapter 3 : Trapped in Disaster

Dream

 The school was a destruction after what happened. It took me quite a while to process everything. I'm shaking. I can't take this no more. We all knew that we had nowhere else to go but run away and live. Being the girl that I am, I'm scared of horror things. This is like we are in some horror movie.

    "We need to figure out a way to get out of this school. We will just die if we stay in here longer," I said worriedly.

    "Why don't we just separate into groups and make a run for it? It's too risky going all together at once. It will attract attention," Vinny whispered.

We got ourselves separated into two groups, one goes to the other side of the building exit and the other one runs to the other exit.

Suddenly we heard voices from the intercom. "Here are your afternoon announcements."

"Yo, They're back to normal! We're saved!" Vinny yelled.

"You can not get out without dying." The intercom announced

"Are you sure about that, Vinny? I don't think so, dumb ass," I laughed quietly.

"Shit! I had hope," Vinny regretted.

I ran to the exit as the group followed me and I tried to open the door but it wouldn't open. Breaking the glass window on the door was no use. It was locked. I tried everything using weapons we had but it wouldn't work.

    "It's locked! What do we do?" I whispered to the group.

    "Let's go find the others," Ren suggested, pointing at the other direction.

    As the group started to walk towards the other direction, Ren grabbed my arm. "Can I talk to you for a moment?" He whispered.

    "Yeah, what's up?" I answered.

    He pulled my arm and hugged me.

    What is he doing? My heart started to race.

    "I just wanted to tell you to be careful. If anything happens to you. . . I'm not going to forgive you," He smiled.

    " You-"

    " Shh. I'll tell you later," He whispered.

    We started to walk to the other direction and heard footsteps walking towards us. I panicked as the dark shadows approached us. My body started to sweat as if I was going to faint right on the spot.   

"I love you guys. You've been so close to me all those time. Thank you for everything." Iris smiled, as tears fell as if it were her last words.

Those shadows and footsteps we heard turned out to be the other group, but one of them was missing

"You mother fuckers. You didn't have to scare us like that. I thought we were going to die today," I said angrily.

I looked over and saw Ren laughing.

    "Where's Danny?" I asked.

    "He wandered off and we heard a gunshot in the distance. He didn't make it. Why is he such a dumbass!" The group stated.

    "How could you guys not watch your group members! Do you know how important it is to lose one of our members? We're supposed to come out in one piece as 12 people, not 11." I whispered looking around.

"Our pencils are about to die on us. We can't use our remaining lighter fluid. We need that for the flame thrower. We need flashlights. Let's go find the custodian's room." Vinny suggested.

We ran to find the custodian rooms to get supplies. The flashlights were the most useful thing that we needed. I walked around the room and took everything that was necessary. Flashlights -- small and big ones--, batteries, mops, trash bags, and other things that deemed as a weapon and can be used to defend ourselves.

We ran out of the room with a clutter of new "weapons" and necessities. We managed to grab a few bottled water from the custodian's refrigerator. Once we were out, we started putting batteries in the flashlights and passed them out. Just then, Iris said something strange.

"We need each other," she said.

"Of course we need each other in this situation. All of us are on the cliff of death, right now," Kuki replied.

"No. We really need each other," Iris explained. "Danny, Mike, Jack, and Mr. Krumpton, they're all dead. They all died alone, nobody was with them, nobody witnessed their deaths. And like the killer said, there were no traces of their deaths. We only heard the sound of gunshots, nothing else. Maybe the killer is scared of big crowds or a pack of people."

"That actually makes sense," Elly nodded.

"Let's make it a first rule. Always walk in a pack. Don't leave anyone behind, we can't afford to lose another person," Vinny said.

Steve was standing next to me. I could hear his breathing getting faster all of a sudden. "Guys, we need to run. . . As a pack." His voice trembled, he was looking at a different direction.

"Why?" I asked nervously.

All of us looked at the direction he was looking at, we all flashed our flashlights at the same direction. After that, our faces became pale. All hell broke loose.