F O U R

"Loki's gonna drag this out

"Loki's gonna drag this out." Steve spoke as the monitors showcasing a heavily guarded Loki standing inside his cell. It was almost impossible to penetrate but with those like him nothing was that as it seemed. The screen was swept away by a furious Miriam who had simply huffed in response to the Asgardian's taunts. Steve had taken notice of this but kept his attention on the bigger picture and went on. "So, Thor, what's his play?"

Thor had been standing behind Miriam, watching the scenes and hearing his brothers with an almost identical look of irritation. He moved his fingers together as he thought over what information he'd managed to obtain before returning to earth. "He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tessaract."

"Why does that not surprise me." Miriam mumbled under her breath, turning in her chair to look at the long haired blonde. "I should have killed him when I had the chance."

Thor didn't entirely disagree with her.

"An army?" Steve repeated, like he couldn't believe what the Asgardian had said to him. "From outer space?"

Dr. Banner seemed to be already three steps ahead as he went on to say, "so he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for."

"Selvig?" Thor turned to question.

"He's an astrophysicist." Banner clarified

"He's a friend." Thor responded with concern.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell," Miriam explained to the Asgardian.

"Along with one of ours." Natasha added on.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve went back to the topic of Loki.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki." Banner stated, shaking his head in a dismissive way. "That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him."

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother." The blonde Asgardian came to his brothers defense.

"He killed 80 people in two days." Natasha recounted.

"Beat my record." Miriam muttered.

"He's adopted." Thor then retorted.

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium... What do they need the iridium for?" Banner questioned Maria, looking around then to see if anyone had an answer.