T H R E E

The helicarrier descended, making a smooth landing onto the boat as Steve and Miriam stood from their seats.

"Where are we?" He questioned, blinking repeatedly as his eyes adjusted to the intense brightness and smell of seawater.

"Somewhere in the Atlantic," Miriam answered him, not wasting a second as the door dropped and Nat was waiting for them. "Come on, we can't waste time."

"Natasha," Miriam greeted her friend with a quick hug, grinning at the red head. It'd been almost a year since the last time the two had seen one another. "How was Banner?"

"A little rough but he's here." Natasha smiled as they pulled away. "You?"

"Well let's just say I have never jumped off a building to get away from someone but I think I did it. His ego or curiosity should bring him here soon, I can't believe you had to put up with that for so long." Miriam muttered under her breathe quickly as the two men stepped near them.

"Agent Romanoff. Captain Rogers." Coulson introduced the agent to the super soldier.

"Ma'am," Steve nodded his head in a very gentlemanly way towards the red head.

"Hi," she nodded right back and turned towards Phil. "They need you on the bridge." Her body turned towards Miriam next. "And Fury wants to speak with you too."

Coulson parted ways with them as Miriam instead simply shrugged her shoulders, "I'll go after."

"You two know one another." Steve asked as Nat began to walked through the landing strip. There was an array of soldiers and workers running around them, nobody seemed to pay much attention other then a glance.

"We've been on a few mission but if we're being honest, Nat and I are best friends." Miriam nodded.

"Although it's a hell of a friendship considering somebody doesn't like to leave the jungle." Nat added on. She switched subject before they would start bickering. "There was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice. I thought Coulson was gonna swoon. Did he ask him to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?"

"Trading cards?" Steve questioned.

"Not yet, I think he got scared after the whole I watched you sleep incident." Miriam broke out into a grin when she remembered how hilarious it had been. She looked towards a still clueless soldier. "Coulson is probably your number one fan, he's got your trading cards."

"They're vintage, he's very proud." Natasha nodded.

Their conversation was cut short as they found the person they'd been looking for. Bruce Banner looked uncomfortable as he stood next to a jet, clasping his hands together. Steve held his hand out in a very friendly manner. "Dr. Banner."

"Oh, yeah. Hi." Banner shook his hand. "They told me you'd be coming."

Steve continued to smile as they talked. "Word is you can find the cube."

"Is that the only word on me?"

"Only word I care about." Steve nodded

"Fortunately for you Dr. Banner, you're not the only word going around here. Miriam Morales, pleasure." Her outstretched hand was met with his own.