Day 3

Haru's POV

My school day is finally over. I decided to go to the store real quick to get some marble soda.

"That'll be 575¥ ($5)." The clerk said.

I paid and left. I noticed out of the corner of my eye two guys looking at something on the ground. I thought it was nothing a kept walking. Then a guy came up to me.

"Hey boy, can you do me a favor?"
"Sure, what."
"Take this."

He took my hand inbetween his two hands and place something in mine.
It was a knife covered in blood. The police apparently we're called by someone so they saw me and I just stood there, paralyzed and numb as to what was going on. One of the officers got out the car and cuffed my hands.

"I'm innocent. You gotta believe me."
"Tell it to the judge."

I was able to recall everything once I got in the police car and calmed down. Next thing I knew we were at the court house.

The judge, a guy, looked sternly at me. I was scared of what he was gonna do to me.

"Haru Ito, you are being tried for murder. How do you plead?"
"Not guilty you honor. A guy walked up to me and placed that knife in my hand."
"Do you remember his face?"
"No your honor."
"Well Mr.Ito I want to believe but with no character witnesses..."
"Please your honor their has to be some way to get out of this."
"Well there's one way. We have a program out now that allow people like you, who are being tried for a crime, to take a true felon for 1 whole year and correct them. Should they be out of boundaries or not go through with the whole process you and that felon will both be in jail."

This sounds promising. I'll do it.

"I'll do it your honor."
"Ok Mr.Ito, go to Maincastle Prison tomorrow and we'll assign you a felon."

The next day

I'm actually scared. What if this felon is a a murder or psychopath. No they wouldn't do that. Would they.

Megumi's POV

I'm doing push-ups face the bars and the three people across the way are screaming to be moved away from me. Ahh, that makes me feel good. Then the guard came by and I got up.

"Why are you here?" I asked.
"Megumi, you're being released."
"What? There's no one I know who has enough money to bail me out so I ask again, what?"
"Your being put in this program to stay with someone for a year to be corrected."
"I don't believe it but I'll buy it."

He took me out, in cuffs of course, and all the inmates were in the corners of their cells. I passed Sonia's cell.

"I'll miss you the most Sonia."

She growled at me. Like that would do something.

Haru's POV

I'm standing at the front desk, which is pretty nice. The jail itself in general is pretty clean looking. Then I saw a cop come around the corner.

"Ok Mr.Ito this is your assigned criminal; a wanted felon throughout the town. We have informed people that you associate with everyday that she'll be with you for awhile so have fun."

This girl. This girl is a felon. Huh, wow. Well you know what they say, appearances can be deceiving.

To Be Continued...