Day 6

Haru's POV

We made it to history class and guess where I sat? In the back! This class is an hour and a half.

"Hey Megumi, please don't interrupt the teacher she's very strict and will immediately send us to the office." I said slightly worried.
"I won't. There's nothing for me to correct do to the fact the majority of American history is twisted and a lie so I'll just silently disapprove of everything. If that's what you're learning?"
"Yes we're learning about that now."

Wow.....um. I don't know what to do after that besides tilt my head down and put my hands on the back of my head and cry on the inside.

"Alright everyone pass you assignments to the front and turn to chapter 7 in your history books." Ms. Jingle said walking into the room.

She always wore pencil skirts and flats and she was pretty old looking to only be 31 years old. Her lips were thin and tight with the brightest shade of red lipstick known to man. I hope Megumi doesn't laugh. We did as she said and I looked over at Megumi to see if she was going to start laughing.

Megumi's POV

I am trying so hard to not laugh at the women who looks like Mrs.Gristle-puss from SpongeBob Squarepants. Haru will be so mad at me if I do so I'm going to keep my hand over my mouth. Don't think I didn't see her name on the board either. What kind of last name is that?! Now I feel a little better about my last name.

"Haru, I'm going to try and act like an adult about this but why does she look like," I turned my head slowly and looked her up and down then back at Haru, "....that."
"I don't even know, but there was a student who commented on her look and she ran out the room."
"Well I guess the song is true." I said
"What song?" Haru asked looking puzzled.
"🎵"Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle bells. Jingle all the way."🎵 out the classroom."

Haru's POV

"Megumi, shut up. I never would have thought of that." I said trying to whisper.

Now I'm trying hard not to laugh. Geez Megumi I'm trying to incognito. The rest of the class went smooth and Megumi said not a word. I'm more surprised the Mrs.Jingle *chuckles* didn't catch us in the beginning of class. The bell rung and the next class was Science.

Three minutes later we were in the science lab and the whole class continued working on their projects.

"What are you doing for your project?" Megumi asked.
"Oh I'm researching the Moon and tides and presenting it with a PowerPoint."
"Alright the give me your laptop." Megumi said.
"Excuse me?"
"You heard me, give me your computer I'm going to help you with your project."
"Um ok."
"You don't trust me do you?"
"No it's not that it's just that I umm...."
"Don't lie to me Haru. I know when people are lying and hiding things."

How in the world did she know I wasn't being honest. I want to trust her I really do but I still don't know her all that well.
"How do you know that?" I asked nervously.
"I've been in jail a lot I can read people like a book and recognize their emotions. I'll get further into that story tomorrow." She replied calmly.
"If you don't mind me asking, but how many times have you been in jail?"
"Do you mean as of this month or over the past two years?"

My eyes widened. How can she be so calm in asking that?

"Uh, this month I guess."
"My brother and I have...."
"Wait you have a brother?! Is he older or younger than you?"
"He's older but we've been arrested 11 times this month."
"How and why?"
"You ask a lot of questions Haru..."
"Oh sorry, I hadn't even realized I was doing that. That was not my intention by any means..." I said starting to ramble
"Woah, Haru, calm down. I was going to say, you ask a lot of questions and I going to try my hardest to answer them all."
"Oh....ok!" I said smiling and she smiled back. She has a very pretty smile. I never noticed that probably because she doesn't smile too often.

Megumi is really nice and wise to only be...wait I have no clue how old she is. She said she was going to "act like an adult" and the way she acted when I told her I was in school hinted strongly that she was done with her time at school. I'll have to ask tomorrow. I've asked to much today.

Anyway science class was over, we had lunch, went to English, which Megumi read the whole book that we were reading in class within 30 minutes out of a 50 minute class. After that, we hung out in the library for the hour break everyone gets during the school day. My golf practice got canceled today so we went home early. Megumi and I got in my car and headed down the road. Yes! I can finally get an answer now.

I pulled into the parking garage, grabbed my things and proceeded to head towards my apartment.

" Sooo,... Can you tell me now please please please?!?!" I said with puppy eyes.
"Are you sure you want to know?"
"Yes, yes, yes! I really want to know. I've been waiting all day for this."
"Never have I ever met someone so interested in getting to know me. Alright here it is."

To be continued