Day 5

Haru's POV

"You can sleep on the fold out bed."
"Thank you."

She looked kind of uneven. I wonder why she's acting like that. Oh well I'll find out tomorrow.

I unfolded my couch and got her a blanket and pillow and she set them on the foldout. She had taken her shower already.

"Good night Megumi. I'll wake you up when I get up."
"That's fine. Good night Ito- I mean Haru."

I went into the bathroom and took my shower. Did what I needed to do, got out the bathroom, saw Megumi asleep and went in my room. I made sure I had all my work done and with my school bag for tomorrow. I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

It was 1 in the morning when I heard my bedroom door creak open. I wasn't fully awake but I saw a shadowy figure stubble in to my room. I thought it was Megumi and it was.

"Megumi? Is there something wrong?"
I asked and got no reply. I deduced she was sleep walking. I squinted at her for awhile then I saw her fiercely yet swiftly jump into the air and landed gracefully on my bed.

I was wide-eyed while my brain was still trying to process what she just did. How and why was she able to jump like that? I didn't want to wake her. She looked so peaceful, and besides Megumi looked like a kitten.
A sweet, semi-innocent kitten.

I turned back over to face my door and went to sleep.

Thursday Morning

I woke up and almost screamed. I had completely forgotten Megumi was in my bed. I got out the bed and got dressed.

"Hey Megumi, it's time to get up."
"What time and day is it, Haru?"
"It's 7:35 am and it's Thursday. I have school remember."

She gave me a blank stare.

"Just kill me or send me back to jail now."
She said pulling my covers over her head.
"Oh come on Megumi, it's not that bad."
"Yes it is."
"Well this will be the first thing you tell me after school. Ok."
"Fine."

Megumi's POV

This kid, this kid, this kid. He's persistent I'll give him that. Wait just a hey diddle diddle minute.

"Um Haru, how did I....get....in your bed?"
"Oh.....yea. You slept walked in here and jumped into my bed.
"I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."
"It's ok. Now come on, I can't be late."

He left the room and went into the bathroom and I got dressed then je came out the bathroom and I went in to do my hair. I usually don't go jump into people's beds. That's weird but I'll let it go.

"Are you almost ready Megumi?"
" Yes."

We went down to the parking garage, Haru and I got into his car and we were on our way to his school. If you're reading this story help me please.

Haru's POV

Megumi looked anxious when we left my apartment I really want to ask her now but she might get wound up more. Nor did she speak the entire ride over.

I pulled into an empty parking spot and grabbed my book bag off the back seat; Megumi was on the defensive, cautiously looking around as if someone was going to get her.

"Umm...Megumi?...Are you ok?"
She didn't reply
"Megumi?"

I tapped her on the shoulder and she flinched and balled her fist. She looked at me like I was some type of predator for a quick second the snapped out of it.

"Oh, Haru. My bad. Let me start over. What is the name of this school?"
"This is East Bridge Academy."
"Oh ok then. Let's just go so the day can go faster and I can leave."

I didn't say a word and just went in. I checked in with Principal James and he had told Megumi the rules of the school, told her that he informed all the teachers that she'd be with me and gave her a copy of my class's schedule. He didn't look to happy when he was talking to her. I know she's a felon but come on now.

Anywho on a slightly better note I got to first period, math, and turned my homework in and took my seat.
My classroom is set up stadium style I sit in the second row from the top.

And for those of you who say, ' You should sit in the front to be noticed by the teacher

And for those of you who say, ' You should sit in the front to be noticed by the teacher.' Yeah, so here's the thing. I don't want to be noticed by the teacher. At...all.

"Do you have a male or female teacher for this class?" Megumi asked.
"A male his name is Mr.Amherst."
"Ok."

As soon as she said that he came in, told us to get something out to take notes with. He turned around to the white board and wrote an equation.

1) 7x-(3x+5)-8 = 1/2 (8x+20)-7x+5
2) 7x-3x-5-8 = 4x+10-7x+5
3) 7x-3x-5-13 = 4x+10x-7x+5
4) 4x+18 = 10+5
5) 4x+18 = 15
6) 4x = -3
7) X = -3/4

"Ok as you can all tell we'll be do multiple step equations, so..." Mr.Amherst started to say.
"Umm...Excuse me sir, but that's not right." Megumi said.
"Megumi hush don't get in trouble." I whispered in embarrassment.
"Oh, you must be Megumi. I was told about you. Well then, would you like to come up here and prove me wrong?"
"Gladly sir."

She got up and went down to the white board. She erased the 5 and the 'x' next to the 10 on the right side of the equation in the 3rd and 2nd step. Then she subtract 5 from itself and 10 in the 2nd step. Megumi then subtracted 4x from 7x and got 3x+10 still on the right side. She moved to the left side then added 3x to 4x (do to the negative 3x on the right) which equals 7x. Then turned the positive 18 into negative and added that to itself and 10 on the right and got 28. Now she has 7x = 28. Megumi divided 28 by 7and her final answer was X=4.

"That's how you were wrong sir."

She tossed him the dry erase marker and walked back up to her seat. Mr.Amherst looked at the board then at Megumi in complete confusion.

"She's right Mr.Amherst." One of my classmates said to brake the silence.
"So she is."

No one had a word to say. I had my head down on my left arm and my right hand on the back of my head hoping I wasn't in trouble. I looked up and around at the class they were finishing up homework from other classes, Megumi had her legs crossed on top of the desk, leaning back with her eyes closed, and Mr.Amherst was still in shock at his desk. In a few minute the bell rung and we were headed to History.

"Hey Megumi."
"Hmm?"
"How and why and are you so smart but don't like school?"
"I'll tell you this..."
"Yeah!?" I said widening my eyes.
"...You'll find out after school."

She really had me going there. Dang it. Oh well I just won't think about it. Easier said than done right?