xii. | love |

graduation came and went and Jocelyne and Jace were just average students in the corral of peers. they went to a party afterwards and stayed until two in the morning and then went home.

now, a couple days later—Saturday—Jace packs a suitcase of necessities for a week vacation with his friends and Jocelyne.

hey babe you ready yet?

he texts her and then sets his phone on his bed while picking shirts. when he gets enough outfits for a little more than a week —just in case they decide to stay a little longer.

he looks at his phone and sees she texted back.

yea, are you?

I'm about done.

he calls her so he can continue packing and then head over to her house.

     "yea?"

     "I wanted to pack and talk to you at the same time."

     "so what do you need to pack yet? don't forget toothbrush and toothpaste!" she yells and he laughs.

     "aye aye captain, did you remember your own?"

     "yep, like I said, I'm all good and ready—just waiting on your slow butt."

he rolls his eyes and puts her on speaker and lays his phone on his bed. he walks out really quick to get his bathroom essentials and came back to hear her rambling about some food she wants.

     "we can get it on the way down" he tells her and she squeals.

     "awe thanks, Jace."

he texts Rachel and then picks his suitcase up.

did you guys head down yet? me and Jocelyne will be soon.

he walks out, saying bye to his mom. she pulls his back and kisses his head and says to behave, "I don't want to be a grandma yet."

he coughs from the insinuation and turns his volume down on his phone she can't hear Jocelyne say anything. he blushes and says, "I promise you that nothing will happen."

his mom sends him on his way and he quickly heads over to Jocelyne's house.