vii. | know |

they went to a secluded area and sat in his truck while they binge watched Law and Order: SVU—her idea—and then watched Hoodwinked on Netflix.

she rested her head against his shoulder and brought her knees up to her chest. "I'm cold, do you have a blanket?" she whispers and continues to watch Hoodwinked.

after reaching behind him and blindly searches for the plaid blanket he kept in his truck. he gives it to Jocelyne and goes back to watching the movie on his phone.

she covers up and tries to keep warm. when the movie ends, she sits up and stops leaning on him for warmth.

he asks, "are you hungry?"

she nods and asks where she wants to eat at. "can we eat chick-fil-a?" he nods and drives off to the nearest chick-fil-a he knows.

"can I get a eight piece chick nugget with fries and a small fountain drink?" she orders and pays

"can I get a eight piece chick nugget with fries and a small fountain drink?" she orders and pays. he orders after her while she gets the drink for herself.

she gets a sprite and then he gets a Dr Pepper.

she walks to the table he picks and waits for her food to get done. coincidentally, both of their orders are done at the same time and they get them and walk back to the table.

"bon appetite!" he says and tips his drink against hers.

she rolls her eyes at his childish behavior and eats her chicken nuggets and fries.

they talk a little while eating, but just end up being quiet, immersed in their own worlds.

when they are done, they throw away their trash and they both head for the bell to ring.

"thank you!"

"thank you!"

the workers yell as she rings it and then he rings it right after she does. they leave laughing and head to her house.

"so," his mom sits him down and gives him a stern look

"so," his mom sits him down and gives him a stern look. "do I need to tell you what to not do with this girl?"

"no." he shakes his head and his mom nods, relieved that she raised a good son who knows what he should do and not to do.

she stands and pats his head. he goes to his room and just thinks about Jocelyne and her hollow cheeks and big hazel eyes.

awe, they're cute

awe, they're cute. and there should be at least three more chapters left.

Edit: I lie up there, there's going to be more than three more.

-Jazz