viii. | what |

a week passed by since they just watched Hoodwinked, and she is on a mission and nothing will stop her. not even the dull mood she's been feeling the past day or two.

she sets out to find him somewhere in school, but doesn't find him until after school—they didn't have health class today.

"hey," she says and he turns at his locker. he smiles and greets her. "hey Jocelyne, where have you been, I've been trying to find you all day?"

she laughs and says, "I've been looking for you all day."

he shuts his locker and they walk out together. when they get to his car, she says what has been on her mind lately. "do you want to go out with me Jace?" 

he turns around so quickly that she had to step back so she wasn't hit by his book bag. "what'd you say?" 

she cleared her throat and lost all the confidence she had in the beginning of asking the question the first time. "I asked if you wanted to go out with me, but you don't have to if you don't want to. I get it if you don't want to." 

she plays around with her fingers and avoids his alluring brown, almost hazel, eyes. she tries to not let him make her look at him, but he has more power and moves her face so she is looking straight at him. 

"I really wanted to ask you that, so let's pretend you didn't ask me first. Jocelyne, would you like to be my very pretty girlfriend?" 

she cracks a smile and laughs a little lighting up her face and making his heart jump around in his chest. he pokes her nose and says, "I'll take that as a yes?" 

she nods and he smiles like he won the lottery which is what it almost felt like him, but this is a better feeling that winning the lottery. this is like finding a gold nugget when he wasn't expecting to, like passing a test you thought you'd fail miserably on. 

she wraps her arms around his back and sets her head on his collar bone. he presses a kiss to the crown of her head and hugs her back slightly tighter, but not hurting her. 

you know, I always say I really like a chapter, but I think I just like this book overall

you know, I always say I really like a chapter, but I think I just like this book overall. this was one of my favorite to write. 

-Jazz