Chapter 12: Deathsinger's Liturgy

Upon entering, there was a Thrall room, waiting to tear our Light apart. Fortunately, we had one of the strongest Sorceress to exist. I can't call her a Guardian because according to Nolan's examinations, there was no Ghost detected in her neural system. What we refer to people who wield Light, but don't have a Ghost are called Warriors. You're only a Warrior if you don't have a Ghost and can't get one. If your reason is valid, then you're verified as a Warrior. But if you lose your Ghost and don't choose to get another one because of you deny the beliefs of the Light, then you are what they call Heretics. Those are the cursed ones who care nothing more about themselves. You have some people in the middle. How you may ask? It's a whole thing, I'll explain later on.

And then you have those who are born with magic. We don't have a name for them yet, but Indigo calls them the, "Bloody Gifted." I laugh every time she says it.

We make it passed the hallway, most of us unharmed. There was a hole at the end and a door that we saw close last second.

"Down is definitely the way to go, but I'm curious to know why that door closed," I said out loud.

"I can open it," said Raven.

"You can?" Violet and I said in unison.

She nods her head. She approaches it and presses her hand on the door gently. I look to her on the side and see her eyes closed.

"What is she doing?" I ask in an odd voice.

Before anyone could answer, the sound of chains being pulled came from the door. The door was opened.

How did she...

She enters first and recognizes something immediately to the left of her. She turns to it and steps close. It was one of those Hive spiral runes that light up symbols when interacted. From previous experiences, I'm assuming it's some sort of control panel.

She plants her hand on it, causing it to light up. Nothing happened at first, but moments later, Raven stroke fear into us by jumping back and gasping. She was startled by something.

"No, no, no, no, no, no!" She says.

"What was it, Rave?" Violet asked.

"She's here... she's here!" She says with a paranoid expression. She breathes faster and paces around.

"Who? What do you mean?" Violet asks.

"He has her!" Raven says. "When did he take her!? I don't remember!"

"What is she on about?" Indigo asked from behind.

I look at Raven as her expression change from scared to determined.

"We have to get her!" She says running off and down the hole.

"Raven, wait!" Violet told her. It was already too late. She had already ran down.

"That little idiot... Everyone let's go!" She added.

We all jumped down and chased after Raven. Raven was already in combat with the Hive when we caught up.
Her sword. She had a sword so fiery that no Golden Gun could even stand against.
She single handedly took down 4 hallowed Knights with that sword without staggering.

"Raven! Who's here and who has her!?" Violet demanded.

"Octavia!" Raven replies.

After answering. A screech came out of nowhere, ringing my ears. A terrible song the Hive sang nearly deafens me. I cried out as I fell to my knees in pain.

Suddenly all sound was lost. I think I just lost my hearing. People were talking as I look around. Their mouths were moving, but no sound was made. Some were shooting at the Hive, but no gunfire heard.

"I can't hear!" I thought. "Why can't I hear?!"

"Crimson relax!" Said Nolan in my head. "I muted all sounds from your helmet. As long as you don't take off your helmet. You won't be able to hear anything."

"Oh. Well how am I supposed to hear everyone else?" I ask. "Can't I just use my radio?"

"See well, Object: Celestial Nighthawk doesn't have a radio equipped."

"Wait, yes I do. Remember back at Mars with the Strike of the Garden's Spire?"

"That radio can't beat the frequency the Deathsinger is emitting. If your helmet had a high frequency radio, then yes, you could."

"Well, I guess I'm fighting deaf then," I say.

"They can hear you, but you can't hear them," he says.

I took note of that and said out loud that I won't be able to hear them, but I'll be backing them up.

As it seemed, taking on both sides, we split up. I followed their lead and watch what they focused on. A Hallowed Wizard flew out of the shields the Hive had up and fired at us. Everyone shot at it so I decided to as well. According to Nolan, to down the shields we have to kill the Wizard. Once it's dead we then focus fire on the closed Shrieker that'll open up once the Wizard is dead. After when both are down, because there's one on each side, the shields will unlock and will allow us to kill the Deathsinger, which will allow me to hear again.

By the time we kill the Wizard and Shrieker, the other team finishes just as we do, allowing us entry to the Deathsinger. Without any wasted time, the second I saw the shields lower, I fired my 6x golden shot at the Deathsinger's head. Assuming the song was stopped, Nolan returns sound into my ears.

Silence.

I look around and see everyone staring at me with a somewhat surprised look on their faces at me.

"You know, she wasn't that tough to kill. You didn't need to use that much Light," Tracey told me.

"Oh," I reply with a soft giggle. "Oops?" I shrug.

"I wanted her to die just as fast as Crimson did," Raven said walking passed me with a serious look.

She stares at the green crystal that hummed dark energy at our Light. She puts her hand on it and closes her eyes.

"Why does she like touching everything..." I ask softly.

The longer she focused on touching that crystal, the more the inside of the crystal cleared up. There was something in there that I couldn't quite see as first.

Moments later, Raven gasped again. I look at the crystal and see something- no... someone.

A person. Someone was trapped in the crystal, floating like in space. It was a girl. An Awoken with long twin pigtails frozen in another realm. We all gasp in shock.

"Who... who would do such a thing?" I ask.

"I know who would," Raven replies. "Someone who would do everything he can do to gain power to kill me."

"Crota?" I guess.

"No. Someone far worse than Crota. Far worse than the Darkness itself."

"Who can be more powerful than the Darkness itself?" I ask her.

"The dead," she said. "A toxic species of the Darkness's finest creation. The Necromancers."