Chapter 13: The Tipping Piece

"Necromancers?" I ask.

She turns to me with a pouncing look. "Yes. They are ruthless and bloodthirsty for any Light they can get on their hands on." She walks over to Violet. "Violet, Carlos, and I have been looking into it recently."

"So, why are they here? What do they want?" I ask her.

"Me and something destroyed that the other Dark forces want, except the Hive, for themselves. The Eliksni want the Traveler to reclaim their god, the Hive want to destroy it, the Vex want to understand it, and the cabal... they just don't like it, nor do they understand it. The Necromancers... they want to corrupt it along with its inhabitants, torturing them and breaking their Paracausality so they can watch them suffer. They want you Guardians to suffer a terrible death. Use every last bit of your Light to drain you. When they do or plan things like these, we called this Necromancy; the Necromancers' doing."

Everyone is silent and in shock.

"Wha- what do they look like?" I ask.

"Their main colors are black and green. They wear clothing and armor just like us. Most of them are Warlocks. They don't look too different from one to another. They emit green toxic smoke and can flow with their smoke in their Shadow Form. Most importantly, their voices. Monstrous growls and laughs, they are maniacs that are coming for us."

"Are they in our Solar System?" Indigo asked.

"I don't think so, and if they are, then I don't think there's a lot of them. But we have a year or 2 from now before they scatter this System and swarm the Traveler."

"Wait! Does the speaker know about this?" I ask her.

"He... he does, but you can't spread the word. None of you. It's best if we keep the City's panic to a minimum. No need warning the city that the dead is comin' for them," said Violet.

We all agree to not say anything about it.

Raven turns around to the crystal. She stares at the girl, which looks like a Hunter. "Oh Mija..." she whispers with concern.

"Mi–ja?" I pronounce. When she said that, it made me think about something. I can't remember. I've been have fades of memories that I can't recall. Before I could discuss, the crystal hums. Dark presence isolates my Light.

"Light energy fluctuations detected," said Nolan.

The shields that protect the crystal appear and encloses us in. Multiple rocks from the throne plate glow green and levitate, making a screeching sound. They form together and create two orange horns. Green fire emits from the middle.
We were about to the god himself; Crota, Son of Oryx. The green fire summons Crota's physical presence. He stands, drawing a giant green sword, howling out his battle cry.

"What's the plan?" Felix asks.

The Hive began to group up and wait for us on both sides. We were surrounded.

"I dunno," Violet replies. "We won't be able to heal ourselves as long as Crota is here."

I ready my Arc blade. "I'm ready to dance," I say leaning down.

"Crimson, now is not the time," she replies.

"You think I'm kidding?" I turn back to her. "I said, I'm. Ready. To dance." I turn back forward, choosing my first target.

Indigo and Felix stare at me weirdly.

"Look, the second these shields come down, we gotta fight. If we can out gun them, most of us will get out unharmed."

"I hate it when she says, 'most of us,' like that makes us feel better," Felix commented.

"Nolan, scan the enemies around us," I told him.