chpr. 3

Sherlock awoke alone in a cold bed, his blogger painfully absent. The sheets were made up around him and John was nowhere to be found. He quickly deduced that John had woke early and made the bed. Judging by his hasty retreat, he had no recollection of the events of the previous night. That seemed to disappoint Sherlock, would he remember what he'd confessed? Probably not, his subconscious answered. He stood up, swayed a bit on his feet then regained his balance and walked to the kitchen, wrapping his robe around himself. He spotted John hunched over the stove, he noticed Sherlock come in, and decided not to face him.

“Morning, John", Sherlock greeted, trying to be casual.

John grunted in reply, his hangover torturing his head. He was secretly, deeply worried, he had not memory of last night and this morning he had woken up in Sherlock's bed, with Sherlock. Granted they still had clothes on, but still. He was scared because of the fact Sherlock was being so casual.

“Sherlock?"

“Yes, John?"

“Sorry for turning up drunk last night. I'm assuming that's what happened?"

“Don't you remember?"

“Err... no. Not as such... what happened?"

“Oh, we made sweet and passionate love together"

John dropped the pan he was carrying over and Sherlock smirked at his reaction from the table.

“What?!"

“I'm joking, John. You stumbled in drunk so I put you to bed"

“Oh. Why were you there with me?"

“I didn't want you choking on your own vomit in your sleep"

“Oh. Thanks. I think", John replied, confused. Sherlock had deliberately left out the kissing and the confession of love, he didn't want to further mortify his friend. John sat down gingerly across from Sherlock, serving the eggs he had been cooking. When he threw the pan into the stainless steel sink, he winced at the clatter. Sherlock looked up at John and pitied his friend.

“Would you like some water, John?"

John snapped his eyes open and looked up at Sherlock, who was standing over him, looking down kindly. John was surprised that Sherlock even cared at all for his state of mind. Sherlock guided John to sit down gently and walked over to the cupboard to get a glass to fill with water.

“Err... sure?", John replied as Sherlock placed the water in front of him.

“Sherlock?"

“Yes, John?"

“This isn't... you know'

“Poisoned?"

“Yeah"

“Of course not, I poured it right it front of you"

“Yeah but... you could have poisoned the glass"

“Nice thinking but, no. It's just plain water. No poison", Sherlock replied, smiling proudly at John's forward thinking. John sipped the water sceptically. after finishing the glass, John had felt reasonably better than when he had woken up.

“Okay. What did you put in here?", John laughed.

“John Watson, I don't know what you mean", Sherlock said innocently. John gulped.

“So why do I feel better?"

“Are you complaining?"

“No"

“Any side effects? Dizziness?"

“No"

“Oh, good. It worked then"

“Sherlock, was I your guinea pig?"

Sherlock only smirked.

“Of course I was. You can't keep doing that, you know"

“You're welcome"