Chapter 7- Happiest Man on Earth

Joey's P.O.V.

We both got in Hoodie's nice car.

It was about 20 minutes of random chit chat before we arrived at what seemed to be a trailer park.

I followed Hoodie through the darkness until finally he stopped and knocked on a trailer. The trailer had all the lights on inside, tie dye sheets and Christmas lights were everywhere outside of the trailer.

When I heard the door open I looked up and saw one smiling man probably in his early 30s with his arms stretched largely to embrace Hoodie. He was shouting "Heeeeeyyyyyy! My Hippy! Where you

been?"

Hoodie smiled back "ehh... ya know just chillin, um well this is my friend Josephine" I saw Hoodie lean into the happy strangers ear and say "you can call her anything from Joey to

J-Wow"

"Well! JJ! My Hip!" the stranger shrieked.

"I'm Dylan but you can call me Mod!"

From inside the trailer I heard someone sshout "who's there Mod?"

"It's the Fuckin Hood!" Dylan yelled back

"Sweet..."I heard the second stranger mumble.

"Hey dude can we chill with you guys for a while?"

"My Hippy! Any day! Every day! Don't even ask!"

We all walked back through the trailer to find two other guys sitting on the bed where we joined them.

"This is Pat and Med" Dylan introduced.

With the better lighting inside I saw that Dylan had round sunglasses and curly shoulder length blonde hair which had a tie dye bandana wrapped as a headband, Pat had shaggy brown hair and was wearing a tie dye sweatshirt that said Mod Sun on it, what was that? Med had a SnapBack and I couldn't really see his face but he seemed older than the other two.

"You smoke?" Pat asked while offering me a puff of his blunt.

"Uh I've had enough tonight, thanks" I smiled.

I looked at Hoodie who had his own blunt between his lips, he was sitting up against the wall on the bed next to Dylan, next to them was Med then Pat then me, we were all in a circle on the bed.

"So how do you all know each other?" I asked.

Dylan spoke up "Well I heard some of my Hippy's tracks on Soundcloud once and A couple days later i found him playing in some dive bar somewhere, we talked and we've played multiple shows together since then."

"What do you mean tracks?" Did Hoodie sing?

Everyone laughed at me except Hoodie he was stuck in his position. Pat spoke next "Hoodie is a rapping king! I can't believe he never told you!"

"Ok! I haven't told any of my friends so you better not either." Hoodie pointed at me.

"Well that depends..."

I smiled.

"What do you want?"

"I wanna hear you!"

"Here."

Med handed me his phone which was playing some song.

"That's him."

We all sat there an listened to the song in silence.

"Wow! You're really good! why don't you want anyone to know about this?"

" I don't know the guys are pretty rough, I like having that separate world."

***

"So Mod-you rap right?" I ask

"Yes."

"So what do you two do?" I asked med and pat confused.

"I sing, on my own and in some of his songs" pat says and gestures to Dylan.

"I'm just kinda there, i help with stuff, ya know?" med said.

"Sure?"

We talked for another hour or so and finally Hoodie and I stood up to leave.

"Really nice to meet you guys." I said while waving at them.

Dylan got up and hugged me and then hugged Hoodie. "Love you guys, have fun!" he said to us. He truly was a happy man.

As we were walking to Hoodie's car he place his hand on the small of my back. Tingles went through my spine and my stomach flipped, 20 times.

He let go of my back and got in the car, I got chills immediately. After I climbed in I checked the time. It was almost 2:30.

I expected him to be driving by now but he wasn't so I lifted my head to look at what he was doing, he was looking straight at me.