Chapter 39 - Baby Meets Home Sweet Home

Previously on Baby Lynch

"How can we help you?" I asked noticing the man was cradling something.

"My name is William Lance"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Stormie's P.O.V
William Lance...the last name rings a bell but the first name doesn't seem to bring up anything.

"Kids! Upstairs now!" Mark yelled. The boys and Rydel filed out of the living room and upstairs, leaving their wrapping paper mess.

"So Mr. Lance and Mrs..." I began

"Lisa Avery" the woman extended her hand. I gladly shook it and lead the two into our living room.

"Sorry about the mess" I said picking up pieces of red, blue, green, pink, and yellow wrapping paper. After I cleaned up everything, I joined Mark on the couch. William and Lisa sat across from us, no one said anything.

"Mrs. Avery, is there anything we could do for you?" Mark says finally breaking the awkward silence. Lisa opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by something moving in William's arms.

"Well, he is actually why we are here" she motioned towards the bundle that William is cradling.

"Who is he?" I asked, surprised at the rasp of my voice from disuse.

The two exchanged glances, almost as if they were having a telepathic conversation.

"I suppose I should start since Lisa is due to leave soon" William began, repositioning the bundle just a little so it would stop moving. "As I've told you, my name is William Lance...I'm Ryan's uncle"

At the moment, my heart dropped. He's the one the file mentioned about...he went to prison for child molester.

"I'm well aware of what you've heard about me but that's beside the point of why I'm here" he continued, "A year ago, I heard about Ryan's kidnapping...then soon a death claim"

"I'm sorry Mr. Lance...but why are you bringing up things that we are still trying to get over?" Mark interrupted him suddenly. I barely noticed that he was talking, I was just trying to get through this conversation without a tear shed.

"Because" he says finally revealing who he was cradling

At that moment, everything stopped around me. Simply because nothing else mattered. There he was, sound asleep. There he was, alive and breathing. There he was...and everything from the past year, all the pain turned into relief. There he was, my baby Lynch.

Riker's P.O.V
I realized I forgot my phone downstairs after packing away the new X-Box. On my way down the stairs, I heard their entire conversation. I crept closer, just close enough to hear clearly without being seen. After he said his name, something in my head clicked. William Lance, the same uncle who left us the notes when we still had Ryan. I continued to listen to their conversation, careful not to breath too loud.

"Because" he said then moved a little closer to mom. I couldn't see what he was showing her but mom froze.

"Oh My God" dad breathed. I fought the urge to run in and see what the big deal was.