Chapter 14

"So he never kissed you?" Calum asked.
"No. But it was still amazing. And he didn't try anything. He's a true gentleman," I said.
Cal tucked me in.
"Wow. Even Ashton would have tried something," Cal said. "So why were you guys really late?"
I giggled.
"Because we talked too long at Nando's and we missed the movie screening he planned for," I said. "So he offered the park instead, but I wanted to do both. He only went with my idea because he actually does like me."
"I've never seen him like this before," he said. "You might be the one that get him to settle down."
My smile faded.
"Do you think Harry's going to be ok?" I asked.
"Ash won't actually hurt him. Don't worry. Now go to sleep," he said.
I yawned.
"Read me a story?" I asked.
He grabbed a book and sat next to me.

~The Next Day~

"Wake up," a voice whispered.
It sounded like Harry so I sat up and clung to them. They laughed until I pulled them down with me.
"Cuddle," I whispered.
They kissed my forehead and wrapped their arms around me. I looked up and saw Luke. I pushed him away and sat up.
"I just came to wake you up for breakfast but I like the cuddling more. Especially when it's you," he said, smirking.
I rolled my eyes and got out of bed.
"Ash! There's a rat in my bed!" I yelled.
Everyone came running into the room. Harry looked pissed. I went over and hugged him.
"What are you doing in my girlfriend's room?" Harry asked.
I smiled.
"Last time I checked, she didn't choose who she wanted yet," Luke said.
"Considering she just called you a rat, I think she made her choice," Harry said.
"Please get out of my room," I asked.
Luke nodded and walked over.
"Only because you asked," he said.
Then he left. I couldn't imagine what he has planned for tonight. I almost wanted to cancel and say forget it. Liam and Ash reminded me that it wasn't fair to Luke.
"Who cares what's fair?" I asked angrily. "It wasn't fair that he bought me," I said. "Or that he smacked me. Or that he tried to keep me from you, Ash. It's not fair that for some reason, I like him. None of this is fair. But if I cancel tonight, he might understand how selfish he's been."
Ash put his head down in defeat.
"But you know how bad that feels," Liam said. "You really want to put him through that?"
"Yea," I said. "I'd rather have him hurt like I was, then ruin things with Harry who didn't do anything to harm me."
Liam went to say something, but Louis put his hand on his shoulder.
"Don't Li," he said. "She's in pain and she needs to get through it. If this helps, then don't stop her."
"I think you should go on the date with him," Harry said.
"What?" we all asked in disbelief.
"You still need answers," he said. "The best way to get them out of his a date."