Cafe Poirot [Edited]

8:50am

Karma's PoV

*Ding*

"Hey Azusa san, I'm here." Karma called out as he entered the café's staff room.

'Azusa san. Just a normal worker here at Poirot. I guess this will be my last time seeing her...'

"Oh, hey Karma-kun. Here for the 8-hour shift again?" she asked in her usual cheerful voice.

"You are correct Azusa-san." Karma replied in his best gentleman voice.

"When's your suspension over? It's ending soon, right?" she asked him, looking into his bright amber eyes.

"Yeah..." he replied looking at the floor. He couldn't look her in the eyes.

'Should I tell her?'

"Azusa san..." he said hesitantly, still staring into the floor.

"Hmm? Yeah...?"

"Today's my last day of suspension," he responded as quietly as possible.

"That's great Karma-kun, you can finally go back to school."

"Yeah. Today's my last day here." He added.

The room fell silent.

"Ah, the time has finally come." Azusa said, breaking the silence.

"Well, I'll go tell the manager, but for now, let's begin our work." Azusa-san said, trying to keep her usual cheerfulness and composure. She couldn't help letting small tear drops sparkle and fall to the floor. She had faced the wall to hide her tears from Karma, but he knew what was going on when she desperately tried to wipe the tears from her face.

"Remember, today's Monday so we have a special." She said once she had calmed herself down again.

"Okay, pancakes with a muffin and coffee, right?"

'I guess it's the best for me to not sound too sad.' He thought to himself as he went to change into his uniform.

*timeskip*

11:37am

*Beep...beep*

"Karma? I think your phone's ringing." Azusa called out to him.

"Thanks Azusa san." He replied, running out to his phone.

'Who would call me at such a time, I don't remember giving my number to the school. I don't think Nagisa would call me now, he should be in the middle of class right now.'

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Mr Akabane?" replied the voice on the other side of the phone.

'Strange... I don't recognise this voice. It's an older woman though. Maybe in her 30's...'

"If you're looking for Akabane Karma..." he started...

"Are you free this afternoon at 5:15? We have something rather important to tell you." She interrupted.

"Who am I talking to?" he asked, now slightly annoyed.

"Mr Akabane, are you free at that time?" she replied, also slightly annoyed.

"Yes I am free, but, I would like to know who I will be seeing." He answered, now very frustrated.

"I'm from a private defence force. We'll send you a driver. Please be there on time."

"Wait, wha-" Karma started, but the caller hung up before he could finish.

'The department of defence? Meeting at 5:15? ...Interesting... I suspected the Principal would want to talk to me before my suspension ended, but isn't the defence force a little excessive?' he thought to himself, scratching his head.

"Maybe I'll acquire some new toys by the end of this..." he smiled to himself...

3:47pm

"Welcome to Café Poirot. Ah! Yamada-san. Good to see you again." Said with the best smile he could muster.

"Good afternoon Karma-kun, I'm here for the special." She replied.

"Right, coming right up." He said cheerfully.

'Yamada-san. A woman in her 40's. She comes here almost every day. She has no children, so she instead, treats me like a son.'

"Yamada san," he said as he brought out the special to her. He wanted to tell her that he was leaving, but the words wouldn't come out.

"How's your sister?" she asked him.
He didn't answer.

'Oh well. Azusa-san will tell her eventually...'

5:11pm
As Karma packed up, he turned to Azusa

"Well, I guess this is goodbye Azusa-san." He said as calmly as he could.

"See ya Karma. I hope everything goes well in school."

"Thanks." He replied as started heading out the door.
'This is probably the last thing that I'll ever say to her. I hope everything goes well for her...'

"Akabane-kun?" A voice rudely interrupted his thoughts.

'Jeez... They definitely didn't waste any time getting here, AND they actually drove a limo just to pick me up...'

"Yeah it's me." He sighed.

"We would like you to come with us immediately." The driver replied with an unchanging, almost robotic expression.

"Yeah, yeah..." he said with a sigh of annoyance.

"By the way," he added, "A limo is a bit too much for me." He said with a smirk as he climbed into the vehicle...

" He said with a smirk as he climbed into the vehicle

A.N
Nurufufu...Karma's Profile....Nyuru
...............

Thanks for reading.