Chapter 2-A Crush?

Inside the glowing pink ball showed...

"RILEY! A friend from the hockey rink is here to see you!" Dad yelled at me from downstairs.

I woke up shocked and startled. I was quite dazed and confused now because I knew that I didn't have that many friends, even from hockey. None of my friends from school or hockey knew my address either. So I quickly got dressed, so eager to see who exactly was this "friend" at the door waiting for me. As I rushed down, I tripped and I rolled down the stairs. My face collided against the hard, wooden floor.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed while rubbing the sore spot on my head.

"Come on darling, just say hi and then you can go get ready for school." said my dad. His face red with embarrassment.

I got up to meet the eyes of the cute guy that I met in the ice skating rink. "Hi" I spoke awkwardly. "What brings you here?"

"Hey. Riley? You left your wallet in the ice skating rink the other day. It had your name on it and I checked the piece of paper in your wallet to find out where you lived. I didn't think that I would ever get to see you again." I could feel heat streaming into my cheeks and I knew immediately that it was love at first sight or at least I had a crush on him.

Wait a minute... I can't like a guy. My dad will never allow that. Especially with this guy like this that I barely know.

"Nope. Sorry Riley's not home" I said unexpectedly, I quickly snatched the wallet, slammed the door in his face and ran up the stairs into my room and threw myself onto the bed. Oh gosh! What was wrong with me ? It's so embarrassing for me to talk a guy! Especially a guy that I think I have a crush on!!! He probably thinks I'm so weird now that he'll never wants to see me again!!