chapter 1

August 29th

Friday

8:00 am

Dear diary,

Today is my 11th birthday!!!and dad gifted me a diary for my birthday!!!!! I know you must be thinking that why a diary??? Well you know..........

I'll explain everything in detail so we know each other.

Hi! I am Lilliana Roberts, 5 feet tall ....just turned 11, have brown eyes ( just like chocolate!!) and dark brown hair. My favorite color is blue. My father Remy works in a bakery and my mom Rose is a housewife. I have an 8 year old brother .we are not very rich though. We live in a decent house in London. It has very small rooms and is very old. Anyways, I like when my father takes me for work because I don't have much to do. I get home schooled by mum. I enjoy riding dad's bike. It has a side car in it which is really comfortable.

So sometimes I have these moments when I think of something and it happens. Almost like MAGIC.

Oh!! Mums calling. See you later

Your best and only friend

Lill. (short for lilliana)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lill!!! Come to the kitchen for breakfast!!!!" Lilliana closed her blue diary carefully kept it under her pillow and made her way to the kitchen. "happy birthday Lill!!!!" 8 year old lyan says with a big smile on his face giving a card to his big sister. She smiles and accepts it thanking him while sitting down without making another sound and carefully reading what her brother had written. It said-

Dear lill,

Happy birthday from your loving brother. I hope it is the best one yet.

Love you

Lyan

~~~~~~~~~

But before she could do anything else, her mother shouted "Lilliana!!! Come to the kitche...."

She turned around to see Lilliana all set with a plate on the table. Both Lilliana and lyan burst out laughing with their mother. After laughing her mom wished her and gave her a tiny present. She put the envelope down and accepted the present. She opened it to find a beautiful pair of butterfly earrings. " its not much but...I think you'll like it." Rose said nervously. "it's amazing!!! I couldn't be more happy!!" rose smiled. Everyone gobbled up a pancake each. "did dad leave early today??" Lyan asked. "yes." Lill said " he wished me and gave me my present at like 7 a.m." she continued, smiling. "oh..." he said with no such emotion. "what did he give you??" Lyan asked excitedly. "a diary!!" Lill replied with the same emotion. His smile turned into an evil one. Lyan may look cute and innocent but when he removes his mask, he is one of the pranksters in the street. "don't even think about reading my...." Before she could finish, the doorbell rang. "Lill, please get the door." Rose said sweetly to her daughter as she washed the plates. "sure!" she went and opened the door but found no one. She looked down and found a few letters and a newspaper. She quickly picked them up closed the door and sat down opening the birthday cards sent by her aunts, uncles and cousins. She excitedly opened them as Lyan excitedly read them out for her. Her mom on the other hand picked up the newspaper and started reading. " there is nothing much happening around the world is it?" Lyan asked as his mother made a bored face. "no nothing much." Said rose smiling again. "okay!! Now the last one!! But who's it from??" Lilliana said with a puzzled look. She opened the envelope and read it out aloud.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL

OF

WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDARY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, first class, grand sorc., chf. Warlock, supreme wugmung international conf. of wizards)

Dear Ms Roberts

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of witchcraft and wizardry.

Please find enclosed a list of all necessary equipment.

Term 1 begins on September 1. We await your owl latest by 31st July.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL

Deputy headmistress

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is this some kind of joke???" Rose said as her eyebrows knitted together. "I am sure lyan and his friends played it!!" she said sternly as she looked towards Lyan. "What.......N.O. no!!!!" Lilliana looked at Lyan with an eyebrow raised. "Really!!! I swear!!!" he said while pinching his neck slightly. " Oh ,lilliana just throw it off later. It's surely a trick!!! No both of you...go to your rooms and let me clean up here!" said rose pushing the towards the stairs. Lilliana cunningly took the letter and envelope (which lyan saw) which had a few more papers in it and ran upstairs with lyan following her. "So you going to send them an approval letter??" said lyan following her into the room. "Ye....wait a sec....how do you know??"

She asked as her eyebrows furrowed. "I'm just smart." Lyan replied tapping his finger on his forehead. "Fine come on in, closes the door and let's read the rest of it!" Lilliana said. Then started reading the rest of the paper.

After around 5 minutes she read the last line : all students are allowed to bring a cat, a toad or an owl.

"Ok........" lyan commented disbelievingly. "Come on let's write the approval letter and post it!!"

" But they said they await our OWL and if dad found it.....NO way!!We need an owl which is not even possible as owls don't post letters!!!"

"I know just the person then!!!"

They told their mom that they were going out for a stroll, went to their friend cum neighbor Mellissa. She had an owl which was the only thing needed. "so can we use the owl??"

"sure, it's all yours!!"
Lilliana put the letter in the owl's mouth and let it fly.