Chapter 12:

(APRIL POV)

The next morning, I was up early. I watched as Brian was still sleeping.

I quickly stood up, trying to make no sound as I walked outside.

I sat on the step and pulled out my box of smokes.

"Morning." I heard a voice say. I quickly slid the box under my leg and turned my head to face him.

"Morning gorgeous!" I said as I patted the spot on the step beside me, signalling him to sit. He did as he was told and placed the cart on the step below. I lent in and kissed him.

"What are you wanting for breakfast?" I asked.

"I'm not hungry. I was thinking, last night, about our wedding. We should move it sooner." he said as he pulled the cigarette box from under my leg and threw it at our neighbour who was getting his mail. It hit him directly in the head. As he turned to face us, Brian stuck his finger up at him.

I quickly rushed over and picked up the box, placing it in my bra.

"I'm so sorry 'bout that!" I said to the man before going to sit back with Brian.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"It's the only reason you come outside." I nodded. "You need to quit. For me." I nodded again before laying my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." I said as he kissed my forehead.

"Do you want to do anything today?" he asked me, suddenly changing the subject.

"Sure! What are you planing?" I questioned.

"A picnic lunch down by the lake.. just the two of us." he said with a grin on his face, his cheeks turning pink.

"Sounds great." I said as I stood up, holding out my hand to help him up. He refused my offer and stood up by himself.

"Well... I'm going to do some shopping. We need food for this picnic." I said as I started to make my way back in the front door.

"Let me do it!" Brian was sounding so enthusiastic.

"If that's what you're wanting to do, sure go right ahead." we both made our way inside to get dressed. I had to help Brian take off his shirt and put a new one on. The rest he was capable of managing.

***

A few hours passed and breakfast was over. Just a slice of toast will do the trick.

I heard Brian wheeling his trolly into the kitchen and him picking up the car keys.

"I'm going to go shopping now." he told me as I looked up at him from the latest issue of Kerrang!

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you? For safety reasons." I questioned.

"I'm fine. I can take care of myself. Going shopping's never killed anyone, April." he retorted sarcastically.

"Fine! Have fun then. Here's the other half of the shopping list that you need to get." he took the paper from my hand and made his way out the front door.

"Love you!" he yelled at me as the wind caught the door and slammed it shut.

"Yeah... fucking love you too then."