REWRITE: Chapter 1. The renewal of Integrity

This book is under rewriting. I will update chapters when I feel like it. You can tell which chapters have been re-written by the REWRITE mark before the chapter. This should help you with plot so you don't get confused.

-Blox.

"How could you do this Jess?"

"I didn't..."

"Committing a crime like this is completely against the rules of the kingdom. As such, you will be punished accordingly!"

"But I didn't do anything! This is a complete set-up!"

"Tell that to the witness who saw you do this crime. As such, you are hereby banned from the Underground! I don't want to see your horrid face ever again!"

"I..."

"Well. You appear to be in a bit of a problem."

"Jin. You did this, didn't you."

"Well, I can't say for certain. But you are annoying, I will say that. Goodbye Jess. I hope you're murdered on the surface."

"I think you'll find I wont go down easily. They'll find out what you did. I place my HOPE in them."

"And if they do, what will they do? They go find you... but what if you're already dead."

"You wouldn't."

"The 6th of every month, we'll have another chat like this. If you're surviving, well, I can't allow that, now can't I?"

"I will defeat you."

"Good luck with that, INTEGRITY."

Aphmau shot from her bed, awoken from a horrible nightmare. No. Not a nightmare. A memory. Her memory, of before she was who she was, before she was Aphmau. 

Jess.

That was her name. At one point. She had no choice but to change it, if she wanted to stay hidden from Jin. But Jin was smart. He knew who she was by her soul. And souls don't lie. But it bought her time, if only a few hours at most. Her eyes turned to the alarm clock by her bed, the date shown by the time.

April 6th.

Speak of the devil. 

Aphmau sighed, getting out of her bed and grabbing her clothes. Quickly getting dressed and running through the bathroom, she walked downstairs, a slight drag in her step. Her housemate, Katelyn, noticing this.

"You... doing alright Aph? You look like a wreck."

She asked. Aphmau sighed, and fell on the couch.

"Just a bad dream. That's all."

She said, anxious to drop the subject. Katelyn seemed to pick up on this, and went back to cooking.

"Well, if you need to talk to someone about this, I'm always here."

She offered. Aphmau smiled slightly.

"Thanks."

The two stayed in silence for a bit, until Aphmau turned on the TV. The news was showing Mt. Ebbot, a large mountain not too far from where they lived. It showed that another person had fallen down Mt. Ebbot as of a few days ago. Aphmau tensed up suddenly. Her fist clenched, feeling a sense of anger.