REWRITE Chapter 6. Rally behind us

As Red woke up, he looked around restlessly.

"W-What just..."

"Red!"

Shelby exclaimed, tackling the other soul in a hug. Red grunted, being shoved back on the ground after he spent so much time trying to get up. 

"It's... good to see you too."

He said, accepting Shelby's hug reluctantly. He looked around, the new surroundings of my neighborhood most likely unfamiliar to him.

"Where am I?"

He asked again. Shelby got off him, and let him get his bearings.

"You're on the surface. Remember? We had a job to do...?"

Shelby hinted, and Red quickly caught on. 

"Oh right... Did we do that? I forgot."

He said. Shelby giggled, and did a slight twirl in place.

"Well... you kind of went insane after you tried to get information. But yes, I did do the job."

She said. Red sighed, and got to his feet, his legs still shaking.

"Uh... did you tell them that one part?"

"Which part?"

Shelby asked. Red looked surprised.

"Seriously? The one part that was actually important, and you forgot?"

He said. Shelby frowned.

"Umm... yes?"

She said. Red groaned. He turned to me, clearly realizing that I was there the whole time and not really acknowledging me until now.

"Well uh... I imagine Shelby's probably mentioned the whole "pardoning" thing, right?"

He asked. I nodded. 

"Well, there's slightly more... you see theirs been a bit of a problem lately. Particularly with the government."

He said. Lucinda looked lost in thought for a minute.

"I've heard about something like that on the news. News of strange people coming to and from Mt. Ebbot, and magical levels beyond anything they've seen. They were going to send the police to investigate, right?"

She asked. Red nodded.

"Yes... and no. The thing is, it's not just the cops. It's a suppression force designed to slay magical beings. And they plan on killing every monster and human down there."

He said. I stepped backwards in shock.

"W-What? But theirs children down there!"

I exclaimed. Shelby grabbed my hands frantically.

"Now do you see why we need your help down there?!"

She asked. I nodded.

"I do... but you could've started with that at least!"

I complained. Shelby smiled innocently, tapping herself on the head slightly.

"Yeah... I forgot. Whoops."

She said. Lucinda glared.

"How do you just... forget that your entire race is going to be killed?"

She said, a slight bit of anger in her tone. Red got to his feet.

"Well, Shelby isn't exactly the best at remembering things. Plus uhh... I can imagine you guys were occupied with... other stuff at the moment."

He said, gesturing to the molten crater in the street, which was probably going to suck to fix. Hopefully, It wouldn't be my job.